Business Development & Sales
San Francisco, California
We’re looking for someone exceptional to drive distribution efforts across family offices, RIAs, and institutional investors. As part of our team you’ll help build the first crypto index fund in the market. The goal for this role is that you can both drive the strategy and execute on a day-to-day basis. We would like you to have long standing existing relationships with target customers. We're a small team with a background in software and security so you’ll have an opportunity to both shape and lead the sales efforts for the entire organization! If this excites (and doesn’t scare you) apply below.
- Lead relationship building and sales efforts with family offices, RIA’s and institutional investors
- Lead development of a sales strategy and execution roadmap
- Lead development of sales materials and sales narratives
- Lead events and other lead generating activities
- Contribute to development of educational and research materials
- Contribute to strategic decision making on the product roadmap
- Contribute to fund product development
- Weigh in on headcount planning, recruiting, and hiring process
- 5+ years of sales experience preferred
- Has held VP, Principal, or Director role at an investment manager, hedge fund, private equity firm, asset manager, fintech capital markets team, wealth manager, or bank preferred
- Has existing customer relationships
- Interest in cryptocurrency
- Strong outbound sales track record and an attributable track record of being in the top 10% of peer by business closing rate
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity
If this sounds exciting to you, we'd love to hear from you!
BACKGROUND ON BITWISE
Bitwise is a cryptocurrency specialist asset manager, powered by software. In fall 2017, we launched the first cryptocurrency index fund (Forbes, Bloomberg), the Bitwise HOLD 10.
We believe that cryptocurrencies have the potential to advance humanity, reshape systems, and bring down barriers on a scale that few things do. Our view is that, like commodities, currencies, and real estate, some will want to buy cryptoassets to use them, while others will want to buy them as an investment. Both are important. Today, the obstacles to participating as an investor are incredibly high. It’s time consuming, difficult, and risky to figure everything out, manage it yourself, and constantly monitor developments. For most investors, it’s just not feasible or even prudent.
Our goal with Bitwise is to abstract away complexity and make cryptocurrency more accessible to individuals and institutions. We strive to be a partner investors turn to to understand and invest in the space.
Most of us have backgrounds in software — Google, Facebook, Wealthfront, military software security, open source projects — which we think is essential to what we’re doing. We love thinking about the evolving details of cryptocurrency and getting to serve investors in doing so.
Bitwise is backed by well known institutional investors and individuals (CNBC, WSJ, Barron's) with expertise in crypto, asset management, and fintech, having backed and helped build: PayPal, Square, Stripe, Wealthfront, Coinbase, BitGo, MetaStable, OpenDoor, Chain, Affirm, Gusto, Palantir, Airbnb, Uber, Twitter, and others.
We’re a small tight-knit team. We’re looking for kindred spirits to join the team and help us build a meaningful institution in crypto.