National Accounts Consultant
New York, NY /
Sales & Business Development /
It’s not very often that a new asset class is born. But that’s exactly what we’re witnessing today with the rise of crypto.
Over just the last four years, crypto has evolved from an embryonic $50B market to a young-but-growing $900+ billion market today. At Bitwise, we think it’s just getting started. In fact, we believe crypto has reached a turning point, and is headed north of $10T over the next few years. Along the way, we expect there to be risks, pitfalls, and uncertainty—much like there was during the rise of the Web, of cloud computing, and of apps. But we also expect there will be great opportunities, and millions of people wanting to participate in the potential upside.
Our goal at Bitwise is to help busy mainstream investors understand and access the opportunities emerging in the cryptocurrency asset class. We want all those who so desire to be able to come along for the ride in a secure and simple manner, and to be able to benefit from the role crypto exposure can play in pursuing their investment objectives.
Today is an exciting moment for Bitwise as a firm. We are growing quickly, with the world's first and largest crypto index fund (ticker: BITW), the first and largest crypto equities ETF (ticker: BITQ), the first and largest DeFi index fund, and many other innovative crypto products. We focus on serving investment professionals—financial advisors, family offices, hedge funds, endowments, foundations, and others—the people entrusted to look after the capital and savings of individuals and institutions across the country. We provide education, partnership, and professionally managed investment products tailored to this group’s needs, to help them build their view, pick their strategy, and get their exposure.
Currently, Bitwise is a close-knit team of 60+ professionals. Think of us as a mix of an asset manager and a start-up. Our backgrounds combine technology expertise with decades of experience in asset management and indexing, coming from firms including BlackRock, Wealthfront, J.P. Morgan, IndexIQ, ETF.com, Blackstone, Meta, and Google, as well as the U.S. Attorney’s Office. We’re backed by some of the most accomplished investors in venture capital and veterans of the financial services world. We love working together, we love what we do, and we’re excited about what’s ahead.
We’re looking for an exceptional individual to join our team and take on important responsibilities to help Bitwise scale. You will report to the Distribution Manager and will partner with the Director of National Accounts. There will be a lot to learn, a huge impact to be had, and some lifelong relationships to be built along the way.
What You Will Do
- Regularly interact with home office relationship managers, product and platform specialists, research and due diligence gatekeepers, and sales, marketing and wealth management leaders.
- Deliver thought leadership, capital markets knowledge, and industry insights in order to educate sponsor firms on various types of performance and introduce our Bitwise solutions.
- Coordinate sponsor firm strategic sales and marketing opportunities with different departments within Bitwise.
- Manage due diligence process with sponsor firms, in coordination with appropriate investment and research team members.
- Drive asset and revenue success with approved Bitwise solutions at partner firms through education, co-marketing and joint efforts with the overall distribution team.
- Work with the National Accounts Director to develop, maintain and execute against a national accounts pipeline.
- You will collaborate with internal resources to deliver the best of Bitwise.
- You will build use cases for Bitwise solutions with partner firms with an understanding of how financial professionals use and implement our strategies.
- Partner with the entire distribution team to deliver world-class thought leadership and sales cycles resulting in successful asset growth.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- You have 2-3 years of experience in a similar role.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 required
- You are able to commute regularly into our NYC office
- You have exceptional time management, organizational, and multitasking abilities.
- You have strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- You possess strong knowledge of capital markets and overall financial markets.
- You are proficient with Salesforce, knowledge of Seismic preferred.
- Your style is like ours: high-energy, positive, caring, deliberate, self-aware, curious, and open-minded. You’re inclined to take ownership to get the best outcome but happy to transfer or share ownership with others. You’re proactive in pursuing what you want, you take pride in your ability to communicate and connect with others, and you’re always looking to improve.
- You have willingness and enthusiasm to learn new topics and be dynamic in a rapidly evolving company and space. And you’re excited to work in crypto.
What We Offer
- Compensation: $75,000-$95,000 salary, + bonus, + equity
- Equity compensation as a component of all offers
- Health insurance, including dental and vision plans
- Health, Dependent Care and Commuter Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company-funded 401K plan, no matching required
- Unlimited PTO
- 10 paid company-wide holidays
- Pending COVID, office spaces in San Francisco and New York
- Meals and snacks provided in office
- Paid company cell phone or monthly stipend
- Bitwise “Buddy” Program (30 day new-hire success program)
- Annual birthday and anniversary gifts
- Company-wide events
Bitwise is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team of people with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. It is the policy of Bitwise to ensure equal opportunity. All candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.