Instructional Design Program Manager (PI)
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking an Instructional Design Program Manager (Principal Investigator) to lead the curriculum development of a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded program. The PI will collaborate and coordinate with the CDC and relevant partners to develop a national curriculum to improve the knowledge and skills of Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) and other key audiences located in health departments across the U.S. The PI will provide program technical direction to develop quality learning products, technical guidance on the use of a learning management system, oversee performance evaluations and ensure quality management.
- Provide vision and leadership in the development of a state-of-the-art online and instructor-led curriculum in coordination with the donor and other partners to improve the knowledge and skill set of Disease Intervention Specialists and other key audiences.
- Provide technical guidance on the selection and use of a learning platform that includes opportunities for formal and informal learning.
- Oversee performance management and performance metrics to measure learning outcomes.
- Provide technical guidance on digital tools that would be most relevant and useful to achieve learning outcomes.
- Provide administrative oversight to ensure the program is on-track, on-budget and in compliance with CDC regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Provide contract support, organize, plan, direct staff and coordinate program activities.
- Prepare project plans, oversee budget and process metrics, and provide oral and written reports.
- Serve as the corporate liaison with contract COR and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal teams, client stakeholders and key constituents to design, develop and implement projects.
- Supervise a team of instructional designers, and writer/communications specialist for learner-centered training initiatives.
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality standards.
- Participate in business development and support other programs as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, project or program management. Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in the field of instructional design and/or training
- Experience in the practical implementation of adult learning theory
- Experience in the development of curriculum, as well as web-based and instructor-led training
- Understanding of the principles of human-centered design and performance improvement
- Experience in the implementation and maintenance of an LMS platform
- Experience in designing and aggregating training evaluations
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team
- PMP certification preferred
- Familiarity of the U.S. public health system preferred
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.