Program & Delivery Manager
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
This position will be expected to be available on site at the client in Baltimore as needed. This role will have the ability to work from home several days per week.
What will you do?
This project is part of the Social Security Administration’s effort to modernize their services, improve customer experience (CX), and increase efficiency. Bixal will support the SSA by conducting extensive research into the channels that create high volume traffic, ultimately resulting in an initial MVP and ultimately a pilot that will be released for small-group testing.
You will provide direction and strategic oversight for the digital transformation of a large Federal agency. You will encourage the delivery of iterative value through an Agile mindset and identify areas in which Bixal can expand its presence within current programs.
- Proactively manage an Agile product team to deliver on client’s goals and objectives while meeting quality standards and following Bixal processes.
- Solve problems and help teams iteratively adapt by planning for and embracing change.
- Manage multiple related products with intersecting goals, requirements and outcomes.
- Communicate functional capabilities of websites and applications in layman’s terms.
- Speak and act confidently while regularly interfacing with Contracting Officer’s Representatives, Contracting Officers and other client stakeholders as needed.
- Directly and indirectly manage a large team, possibly including subcontractors.
- Manage staffing assignments to ensure product delivery needs are being met.
- Utilize your deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies to coach and train others; be comfortable leading an Agile transformation at scale.
- Identify business development opportunities and support Bixal’s capture efforts to expand our presence within programs or sectors.
- Confidently and articulately present and/or report on program status to Bixal senior management on a monthly basis.
- Understand Federal procurement processes and contracts, including FAR regulations; have experience with federal guidelines, policies and procedures, including Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Ensure contract compliance through the Period of Performance.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant product, project or account management experience is required.
- Minimum of 3 years managing federal government contracts is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Acute attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with internal product teams and senior management, as well as external clients and other stakeholders.
- Experience with web content management systems (CMS) like Drupal.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies is required.
- Expert skills using MS Office.
- Certified PMP or PMI-ACP is preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner is preferred.
- Willingness to work at a client site in Baltimore, MD with partial remote option.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.