Blended Learning Curriculum Developer (Part Time)
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
Position will have the ability to work from home. It is a part-time, hourly (1099) role without benefits.
What will you do?
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and creative Blended Learning Curriculum Developer to support the design and development of a new curriculum. Together with our instructional design team and subject matter experts, you will work on national-level project with great societal impact. You will perform work at Bixal headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia with a partial remote option.
- Apply instructional design and adult learning theory in the design and development of a blended learning curriculum that includes virtual instructor led training (VILT), asynchronous e-learning, and in-person training
- Use human-centered design principles in solving instructional design challenges
- Work closely and collaboratively with subject matter experts to curate content, conduct research scans, and create or repurpose content
- Implement targeted instructional design strategies to development engaging informal, formal and just-in-time learning solutions
- Design and develop performance assessments and related metrics to measure learning outcomes
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality standards
- Review and test training outputs
- Provide input for process improvements
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of curriculum development/instructional design work
- Experience in the development of facilitator guides, presenter presentations and participant guides for in-person and virtual instructor-led training
- Experience working with federal government clients
- Team player with excellent collaboration, written and verbal communications skills
- A friendly, positive, can-do attitude, with a natural inclination to provide a high-level of customer/client service
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work up to 25 hours a week
- Experience with rapid e-learning authoring tools, including Storyline and Lectora preferred
- Familiarity with Section 508 preferred
Work from home flexibility
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.