Human Resources Manager
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
The Human Resources Manager will work with Leadership to establish, document, and implement best practices across the Organization. The HR manager will be responsible for building, documenting, and maintaining legal compliance. Your can-do attitude will confidently lead this small (but rapidly growing) company into the next phase of our growth.
- Human Resources
- Operate as a Brand Ambassador; buy into, develop, and cultivate a collaborative company culture that is consistent with our brand
- Work collaboratively with CFO and Talent Acquisition Specialist to develop budgets, analyze wage and salary reports and other data to determine competitive compensation plans
- Write and maintain company policies including, but not limited to, equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits
- Write and maintain the Employee Handbook
- Train Leadership, hiring managers, and department heads on best practices and internal company policies
- Oversee the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization
- Maintain and audit records of benefit plan participation such as insurance, the 401k salary deferral plan, personnel transactions involving hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relation issues
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Administer the performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, retirement plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine concerns behind separations
- Prepare reports and recommend procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover
- Talent Team:
- Work collaboratively with the Talent team to:
- Develop, maintain, and improve the human resources and hiring system in order to exceed compliance standards.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and existing team member “updates” to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or relevant field
- SHRM, PHR, or SPHR certification is required
- 5+ years of experience in HR required; the last 3 years must have been in a sole contributor or managerial type role
- Experience in government contracting is ideal but not required
- Experience leading hands-on training
- Ability to problem-solve and achieve conflict resolution quickly with little oversight
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset
- Extensive knowledge of HR policies and systems
- Familiarity with HR software: Employee Navigator, Paylocity
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Office
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.