Operations and Finance Manager
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking an Operations and Finance Manager for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Evidence-Driven Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Activity. The purpose of this five-year Activity is to bolster the capacity of the USAID/Philippines mission to effectively lead and practice collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), which has the broader goal of enhancing USAID’s development effectiveness.
The Operations and Finance manager will lead the management and operations of this project. It is expected to be full-time for five years and based in Manila, Philippines. This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Develop systems to manage day-to-day activity operations, including administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, accounting, and the project’s facilities such as office space, equipment and furniture.
- Ensure program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures and the specifications described under project activity.
- Design and implement fair and transparent procurement processes and work with the project team to ensure that all procurement processes are perceived as fair and transparent by project beneficiaries and stakeholders.
- Establish accounting practices and controls in-line with USAID rules and regulations and Bixal’s requirements.
- Oversee the project Human Resources functions and work with the Senior Management Team to resolve any human resources issues.
- Contribute to annual work planning, budgeting, and overall program financial management, including responding to data calls from USAID in a timely fashion.
- Support the management of contracts and oversight of sub-contracts.
- Facilitate monthly review of office operations workflow; investigate, identify, propose and implement new ways of achieving project efficiencies in order to improve efficiency of programming.
- Coordinate as necessary with any other USAID partners, including joint responsibilities or functions and sharing of assets as appropriate.
- Price proposals competitively, running market analysis where necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of bills coding and job status reports so project managers can effectively manage for targeted profitability.
- Work with project managers to accrue necessary outstanding subcontractor costs and develop an archive of historical cost data.
- Support project managers to ensure timesheets are submitted timely and accurately.
- Communicate with clients, vendors, and stakeholders in expedited fashion; particularly when inquiries are made.
- Develop, prepare, and present weekly and monthly reports.
- Track and monitor job costs.
- Support business development initiatives to enhance and grow Bixal’s business in each of the areas that it works.
- Support the proposal development process by writing sections of the technical proposal and reviewing content written by others.
- As appropriate, play an active role in new client acquisition and new business presentations.
- Serve as acting Chief of Party or designee when needed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Master’s in management, organizational development, international development, social science, economics, finance or a related field required.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design.
- Strong background in project management, financial management, and organizational development.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Considerable academic credentials and experience in administrative and financial management as well as managing group dynamics and high-performing teams.
- Must possess experience managing similar multi-faceted projects in the past.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in the Philippines or in Asia-Pacific region is required
- Oral and written proficiency in English and Tagalog is preferred
- Travel: This position is based in Philippines and will require travel throughout Philippines.
- Benefits will likely be different from Bixal's standard benefits
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.