Technical Management Product Owner
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
As the Technology Management Product Owner, you will interface and collaborate with our Government client’s Office of the Chief Information Officer, staff, and IT vendor(s) concerning business needs to ensure program performance, capture inefficiencies, and identify opportunities for innovation. You will also work to provide recommendations for functional upgrades focused on improving areas of customer data capture and management, and customer experience in receiving and accessing data/information. Your recommendations will be tied to the customer’s interactions with vendor’s through multiple channels
- Proactively support Bixal and Client teams to achieve client’s goals and objectives while meeting quality standards and following Bixal PMO processes.
- Take ownership of position by proactively leading business process change and driving performance improvements.
- Solve problems and help others to iteratively adapt by planning for and embracing change.
- Manage multiple related initiatives with intersecting goals, requirements, and outcomes.
- Communicate functional capabilities of websites and applications in layman’s terms.
- Be confident frequently interfacing with Product Owners, Contracting Officers, Contracting Officer’s Representatives, and other client stakeholders as needed.
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize data in to drive functional recommendations for Bixal, the Client, systems, and project initiatives.
- Collaborate cross functionally to provide recommendations for functional upgrades to improve the efficiency of customer data capture/management and overall customer experience when receiving and assessing data and information.
- Identify business development opportunities and support Bixal’s capture efforts to expand our presence within programs or sectors.
- Confidently and articulately present and/or report on program status to Bixal senior management on a monthly basis.
- Utilize your deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies to coach and train others; be comfortable leading an Agile transformation at scale.
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations, including FAR regulations and other guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project or account management experience is required
- Experience performing business process improvements using analytical techniques to make data-driven recommendations
- Ability to develop creatively original infographics or alternative visual materials to aid in data-driven decision making
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Sharp attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with internal project teams and senior management, as well as external clients and other stakeholders
- Experience with web content management systems (CMS), like Drupal
- Experience with JIRA
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies is required
- Expert skills using MS Office
- Certified PMP is preferred
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner is preferred
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.