UX Researcher/Service Designer
Washington D.C. Metro Area
UX and Design
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking a UX Researcher to later on transition to an Associate Service Designer role. The role of the UX Researcher is to understand the totality of a person’s experience with a system. The Researcher is involved throughout the entire lifecycle of a project: everything from understanding the unmet needs of all the actors in a system with generative research to validating solutions with participatory design and evaluative research.
As an Associate Service Designer, you will build on UX Research capabilities to include designing the end-to-end journey of a service. This work may involve adapting or creating products and services across both digital and offline channels. The ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills.
Initial capacity as a UX Researcher:
- Conduct discovery activities, including stakeholder interviews, user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture, and usability testing.
- Effectively communicate research findings, insights, implications, conceptual ideas, and design goals both verbally and visually.
- Plan and facilitate collaborative analysis & synthesis working sessions.
- Work closely with strategists, designers, and implementation teams to ensure that customer goals are met.
- Research user needs as well as potential system enhancements.
- Plan, recruit, and facilitate the usability testing of a system.
Later capacity as a Service Designer:
- Listen to the needs of technical and business stakeholders, interpret between them, and manage their expectations.
- Facilitate difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Generate multiple solutions to a problem and test them.
- See prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others.
- Establish design patterns and iterate them.
- Identify and understand constraints, communicate them, challenge their validity, and work within them.
- Collaborate with user researchers and represent users internally.
- Able to champion user research to focus on all users.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to communicate content and deliverables to both technical and non-technical team members.
- 1–2 years of experience in HCD role or commensurate work experience.
- Demonstrated history of successful user research, analysis, and prototyping.
- Strong experience in at least two of these areas: Design Research, Information Architecture, Writing, Visual Design, Service Design.
- Excellent communications skills including verbal, written, and sketching.
- History of presenting work to a variety of populations including Stakeholders and Clients.
- Knowledge of a variety of methods of prototyping and ability to choose the most appropriate ones.
- Solid understanding of the difference between user needs and desires of the user.
- Ability to assess a client’s needs and articulate the rationale for design decisions.
- Strong portfolio to be shared during interview.
- Experience with designing for non-digital experiences preferred.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.