Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team and serve as the internal and external evangelist for our client’s products. The Product Manager will increase user adoption of and customer satisfaction with existing products and help develop new solutions based on a deep understanding of customer needs. This role requires commitment to exceptional results and a strong desire for continuous improvement. The ideal candidate has a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that a reality.
Product Management Bixal:
- Identify business development opportunities and support Bixal’s capture efforts to expand our presence within programs or sectors.
- Confidently and articulately present and/or report on program status to Bixal senior management on a monthly basis.
- Work cross-functionally with other Team Leads and Stakeholders as needed.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Product Management General Activities:
- Act as the product lead/owner for new and existing products; work with cross-functional teams to enhance existing products.
- Execute the entire product lifecycle and tactical activities.
- Evangelize customer needs and assigned product concepts internally and externally to obtain buy-in and drive adoption.
- Utilize product management tools and development practices to support development initiatives.
- Create written, graphic and summary documents and presentations for internal and external use in communicating product goals and objectives.
- Solve problems and help others to iteratively adapt by planning for and embracing change.
Product Management Discovery:
- Develop a deep understanding of target customer needs and represent the needs of the customer when defining, designing, building, and launching product.
- Evaluate product ideas and requests from numerous sources and articulate a rationale for those that are worth pursuing.
- Deeply understand customer use cases and pain points and take ownership over products to improve customer satisfaction.
- Identify new product opportunities and work together with other teams to see them through.
Product Management Development:
- Prioritize enhancement requests and develop and maintain a product roadmap that casts a vision both internally and externally of where the product is going.
- Coordinate cross-functionally across matrix resources to execute product design reviews, changes, and implementations.
- Work closely with software engineers to deliver products.
- Frequently interface with Product Owners, Contracting Officers, Contracting Officer’s Representatives, and other client stakeholders as needed.
- Manage multiple related projects with intersecting goals, requirements, and outcomes.
Product Management Delivery:
- Measure and report the actual results of the product strategy to its plan.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred
- Certified Product Manager (CPM) required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant product management experience
- Experience with JIRA
- Deep working knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders using their terminology
- People management/supervisory experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years managing federal government contracts preferred
- Sharp attention to detail and excellent organization skills
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with internal project teams and senior management, as well as external clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize work against clear, outcome-oriented goals
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced environment
- Expert skills using MS Office
- Willingness to work on site at the client in Baltimore, MD 3+ days/week
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.