Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
This position must be based out of our office in Fairfax, VA. You will have the opportunity to work from home as needed. Our team usually averages 3 to 4 days in the office per week.
What will you do?
Do you enjoy being an integral part of a company’s growth? Do you get a thrill from experiencing big wins with your team? As a member of the business development team, you will work with our Leadership, Staffing, Business Development, and Project Management teams to help Bixal continue winning new business.
- Work as an integral part of our Business Development Team on a wide range of capture and proposal development projects; work collaboratively with team members to create detailed and compliant final proposals.
- The ability to write is FUNDAMENTAL to this position. Provide writing support on a wide range of topics and material. Must have the ability to think critically and from a marketing perspective to develop compliant and compelling proposal and business development content. This includes writing biographies, resumes, past performance citations, management plans, staffing plans, introductions, executive summaries, and white papers.
- Coordinate proposal schedules and maintain updates to presentations, outline and compliance documents; plan and coordinate meetings with Bixal team members, SMEs, and partners/subcontractors.
- Participate in capture solutioning meetings, recording actions and next steps.
- Manage deadlines and meetings in Outlook related to proposal timelines; Create meeting invites for proposal meetings and coordinate with attendees..
- Create and maintain BD opportunity collabortion workspace; provide training as needed on proposal collaboration workspaces and content management systems to team members.
- Look for ways to introduce efficiencies and improve our processes; build new and improve existing documents and templates.
- Manage and complete required federal government forms, including SF33s, reps and certs, past performance questionnaires, letters of commitment, letters of intent, and other forms as needed.
- Create and manage internal and external data calls for technical content and pricing information, including inputs from subcontractors or partners.
- Manage partnership documentation such as Non-Disclosure and Teaming Agreements.
- Monitor opportunity websites for changes (Q&A, Amendments, etc.), such as FedBizOpps, GovWin, FBO.gov, GSA eBuy, and others.
- Ability to use or learn graphic programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Invision, etc. is a PLUS
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience working in business development or marketing.
- Must be able be able to operate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a nearly expert level.
- Comfortable working in Adobe; including Acrobat, Sketch, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.
- Experience formatting large complex word and PDF documents with multiple attachments and differing content types.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a natural ability to build relationships and keep momentum within a team.
- Ability to organize, stay organized, prioritize, and re-prioritize all while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Experience working well under pressure and on short deadlines.
- A positive attitude; an innate self-starter that values the importance of self-directed learning.
- Ability to work nights and weekends when needed is required.
- Ability to work quickly without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
- Ability to take direction, request information, or ask questions quickly when needed.
- Value is placed on feedback and constructive criticism; actively seek it out and incorporate it into the iterative process in order to produce top-quality documents.
- Ability to work within a team and follow workflow utilizing project management tools and procedures.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.