Technology Management Liaison
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. We partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
strategy, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
This role will be based in the Washington DC area. You will have the ability to work remotely but must be available to attend client meetings at the DOJ offices and at Bixal HQ in Fairfax, VA. Ideally, this particular role will split time between supporting the DOJ (50%) and supporting Bixal’s internal IT project needs (50%). Part-time work will be considered on a case-by-case basis if you are not currently looking for full-time work.
What will you do?
As the Technology Management Liaison, you will provide direction and strategic oversight to our government client’s Office of the Chief Information Officer, staff and IT vendors concerning business needs and ensuring program performance. The Technology Management Liaison will capture inefficiencies and identify opportunities for innovation. You will also work to provide recommendations for functional upgrades that would improve areas of customer data capture and management, and customer experience in receiving and accessing data/information. Your recommendations will be tied to the customer’s interactions with vendor’s through multiple channels.
- Proactively support Bixal and client teams to achieve client’s goals and objectives while meeting quality standards and following Bixal PMO processes.
- Take ownership of position by proactively leading business process change and driving performance improvements.
- Support idea generation by fostering divergent solutions and guiding stakeholders to the best possible outcome given business needs.
- Solve problems and obtain buy-in by helping others to iteratively adapt by planning for and embracing change.
- Manage multiple related initiatives with intersecting goals, requirements and outcomes.
- Communicate functional capabilities of websites, applications, and systems in layman’s terms.
- Be confident frequently interfacing with Product Owners, Contracting Officers, Contracting Officer’s Representatives and other client stakeholders as needed.
- Collect, analyze and synthesize data to drive functional recommendations for Bixal, the Client, systems and project initiatives.
- Collaborate cross functionally to provide recommendations for functional upgrades to improve the efficiency of customer data capture/management and overall customer experience when receiving and assessing data and information.
- Identify business development opportunities and support Bixal’s capture efforts to expand our presence within programs or sectors.
- Confidently and articulately present and/or report on program status to Bixal senior management on a monthly basis.
- Utilize your deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies to coach and train others; be comfortable leading an Agile transformation at scale.
- Ensure compliance with federal regulations, including FAR regulations and other guidelines, policies, and procedures such as Section 508 and the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant project or account management experience is required.
- Patience and resilience is an absolute must.
- Experience performing business process improvements using analytical techniques to make data-driven recommendations.
- Ability to develop creatively original infographics or alternative visual materials to aid in data-driven decision making.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Sharp attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with internal project teams and senior management, as well as external clients and other stakeholders and contractors.
- Experience with web content management systems (CMS), like Drupal.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies is required.
- Expert skills using MS Office.
- Certified PMP is preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner is preferred.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.