Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
Work will be performed at Bixal headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia with a partial remote option. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What will you do?
We are looking for a hard-working, energetic and creative instructional designer to support the development and promotion of learning products and services. You will primarily support a U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) award to develop a national curriculum to improve the knowledge and skills of Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) located in health departments across the U.S. You will work with the CDC project team and other teams to design and develop informal and formal learning outputs for our federal government clients.
- Apply instructional design strategies and adult learning theory to the design and development of curriculum, online learning (synchronous and asynchronous) and in-person training.
- Use human-centered design principles to solve instructional design challenges.
- Work closely and collaboratively with subject matter experts to curate content, conduct research scans and create or repurpose content.
- Implement targeted instructional design strategies to develop informal, formal and just-in-time learning solutions.
- Design and develop performance metrics to measure learning outcomes.
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality standards.
- Review and test training outputs.
- Provide input for process improvements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be able to undergo and pass a Public Trust Security clearance.
- 5+ years of instructional design-related work.
- Proficiency in one or more e-learning authoring tools.
- Experience in the development of e-learning, in-person and virtual instructor-led training.
- Excellent storyboarding and content writing skills.
- Team player with excellent collaboration, written and verbal communications skills.
- A friendly, positive, can-do attitude, with a natural inclination to provide a high-level of customer/client service.
- Keen attention to detail.
Nice to Haves:
- Background in public health.
- Experience with U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with SCORM, xAPI, and Section 508.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.