Back End Developer
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
Responsibilities – What Will You Do?
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining responsive websites using web development tools.
- Interacts with team to gather, define, and analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy business needs.
- Creates efficient/logical databases.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Design, test and integrate system and enterprise software and multi-tier systems architectures.
- Assist in the configuration of web server settings.
Qualifications - What Will You Need?
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in web design and development including mobile and responsive design.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operation support. Experience with Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations. Experience building responsive websites.
- Experience with Content Management System design, build and integration.
- Strong proficiencies in developing/implementing content in Drupal 7 core modules, contributed modules, custom modules, views, panels, blocks, etc.
- Experience migrating from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. Experience and knowledge in other content management systems, e.g., Percussion.
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS. Experience with Developer/Build tools including GIT and Jenkins.
- Experience working with various Operating Systems – Ubuntu, Linux, Windows and relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge of usability/accessibility standards of user interface development in order to produce code compliant for Section 508 accessibility; may work with development tools that aid in this process.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- 401K with matching incentive
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits unless otherwise specified. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.