Senior UI Designer
UX and Design
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
We are looking for a UI Designer who will make a significant impact on a large development team, located in Denver, CO, leading tasks and adding to existing frameworks and designs. The selected candidate will be able to translate any given user-experience journey into well-designed, smooth and intuitive interaction. The role will act as an advisor to the client and stay up-to-date on the latest UI technology trends and issues. The ideal candidate has experience working in agile teams, with developers and business analysts and is self-directed and able to solve problems on his/her own, while involving and soliciting input from team members.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, user flows, design compositions and effectively communicate interaction ideas using any of these methods.
- Collaborate with others to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Verify design documents or other design artifacts are created and correctly stored in the designated document locations.
- Implement best practices and UI standards.
- Coordinate with teams to develop realistic estimates.
- Fulfill all commitments by timely delivering of deliverables.
- Constantly motivate and encourage team performance.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of UI design experience and proven track record.
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview.
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience with rapid UI implementations using rapid prototyping tools (e.g., Axure RP).
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision.
- Creative thinking skills with problem solving mindset.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment.
- Full understanding and best practices in the use of Confluence and Jira.
- Strong working knowledge of current web design standards, including responsive design and front end development frameworks like React and Angular.
- Ability to understand CSS changes to have consistent style across platforms and browsers.
- Familiarity with Section 508 and WCAG accessibility standards.
- Previous government work experience.
- Strong client facing communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills and experience presenting to a variety of audiences.
- Experience using visual prototyping tools.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Willingness to work on-site 5 days a week.
- Ability to pass a public trust security clearance.
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages preferred.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.