Data Visualization Specialist
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
We are looking for a highly collaborative, creative Data Visualization Specialist who loves telling stories with data. You will work within our Data Analytics Team to empower our customers to make well-informed, data-driven decisions.
You should have a deep understanding of the technology and development cycle, but more importantly understand that business intelligence is all about creating value for our clients. You are a team player and know that “none of us are as smart as all of us.”
- Work with analytic and visualization tools, platforms, and libraries to deliver compelling visualizations to our clients
- Retrieve, prepare, and process a rich data from a variety of data sources
- Actively engage with our clients and help them understand and manipulate data in order to gain value through effective decision making
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with key business and information technology stakeholders.
- Understand and implement an agile approach to Business Intelligence, including rapid prototyping, short but frequent development cycles, continuous customer feedback
- Bachelor’s degree (masters preferred) in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related fields
- 2+ years of experience designing data visualizations using a significant BI platform such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
- 2+ years of experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience in AWS is preferred but not required
- Acute attention to detail
- An innate ability to communicate well verbally and in writing; you should be able to adjust “languages” to fit technical and non-technical audiences alike
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.