Technical Project Manager
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
This role will be a unique blend of Technical Project Manager, Product Owner, and Business Analyst. You will work collaboratively with the Bixal team, DoD stakeholders, IT and internal Communication teams. Bixal has built two new Drupal8 sites for internal and external use. The purpose of the Technical Project Manager will be to sustain operations, maintenance, and enhancement of these sites. The Project Manager will also be integral in compounding on the already strong relationship with the client with the intent to grow business for Bixal. This role will be onsite in Fort Lee, VA 5 days a week.
- Provide contract oversight and support, organize, plan, direct staff, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with Stakeholders, vendors and the Bixal team to establish priorities and create road maps.
- Communicate with many different people and personalities like IT teams, web development groups, stakeholders from Communications and Marketing departments, and other teams and contractors within the agency.
- Lead discussions and Agile meetings, ex. Daily Stand-ups and Sprint Ceremonies.
- Manage and adhere to the change request and approval processes.
- Manage the in/out processing of team members, assisting in the certification process and managing the renewal of certifications of team members.
- Working with COR and DeCA stakeholders to make sure things are being done within scope.
- Have experience in a Business Analyst capacity; guiding discussions and projects that focus on User Experience, User-Centered Designs, User Interface, and Quality Assurance.
- Monitor team time tracking and budget performance.
- Engage support from Bixal Program Manager or PMO when needed.
- Ensure compliance with Federal regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Have hands-on experience with Section 508.
- Feel confident curating and presenting reports in front of Senior Leadership and Executive Stakeholders.
- Possess deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies and are comfortable rolling out process across an Organization.
- Prioritize, delegate, and shift priorities rapidly to meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality standards.
- Provide unparalleled support for the client’s product owners; often helping problem-solve, interpret the vision, and understand the implications of unexpected problems.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Certified PMP is required
- 5+ years’ experience in the field of project management, user experience, web design or digital transformation
- Experience with Drupal8 and JIRA is preferred
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies is preferred
- Certified Scrum Master or Product Owner is preferred
- Proactive problem solver with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Motivated to participate in a client-facing, collaborative team environment, resulting in services that delight customers
- Experienced in the oversight and/or design and development of web sites
- Previous experience managing federal government contracts is preferred
- Experience implementing user-centric design and development processes
- Ability to prioritize work requirements and adapt quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work onsite in Fort Lee, VA 5 days a week
Nice to haves:
- Working knowledge of NIST; specifically, 800-53 or 800-171
- Know of Security+/Comp TIA
- Familiarity with DoD environment
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Opportunity to work from home
- 401K with matching incentive
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.