HR and Operations Specialist - Learning for Development
International – Program Management /
Full Time /
This position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal and open to Nepali citizens only.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Human Resources and Operations Specialist will be responsible for providing administrative, operational, and human resources support to the USAID-funded Learning for Development (L4Dev) Activity, conducting the local recruitment of employees and consultants, acting as the point of contact for all HR related matters within the project team, and supporting Activity operational and administrative needs as required. The Human Resources and Operations Specialist plays a crucial role in ensuring that administrative and human resources processes run smoothly and efficiently within the organization and supporting the overall success of the team. It requires a strong understanding of Nepalese culture, labor laws, and regulations, a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Provide administrative support to the project team and manage day-to-day administrative tasks such as organizing and scheduling meetings, managing correspondence, handling phone calls and emails, preparing reports and presentations, managing documents and files, and assisting with various projects as needed.
- Assist with managing expenses to budget, coordinating travel arrangements, overseeing office operations, and liaising with other departments or external stakeholders.
- Liaise with home office People and Culture team.
- Support recruitment, onboarding, and employee relations.
- Conduct local recruitment of employees and consultants, ensuring compliance with company policies, USAID regulations, and local labor laws.
- Create and maintain employee files and records, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Act as the HR point of contact for local employees, providing guidance and support on HR-related matters.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations governing labor relations and USAID-funded projects.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and implement HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with payroll and benefits administration, ensuring accuracy and timely processing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors degree in HR, Business Management/Administration or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in HR and administrative functions
- Excellent understanding of Nepalese culture, labor laws and regulations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in Nepali and English
Applicants will be evaluated on a rolling basis, and the application will be open until a final candidate is chosen.
Please note that candidates selected may undergo a background investigation and, if applicable, meet eligibility requirements for suitability.
Bixal is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and beyond.