JR Graphic Designer/Typesetter
Washington D.C. Metro Area
UX and Design
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
As a member of the Bixal creative team, you will be a driven graphic artist that has a passion for print material. Your ability to quickly problem-solve will be comparable to your knack for laser-sharp attention to detail and desire to work in a cross-functional team. You will primarily be supporting our contract with the Department of Transportation to provide editorial, publishing, and communications support services for the Office of Corporate Research, Technology, and Innovation Management. You will split time between Bixal’s office in Fairfax and the DOT’s office in McLean, VA.
- Work with the internal Bixal team members and Clients to define project parameters
- Research, create and execute creative ideas for print, presentation and web
- Communicate with team members and clients quickly and effectively throughout the project life cycle
- Take initiative to complete complex designs and projects with aggressive timelines without sacrificing quality
- Seek out and be receptive to constructive criticism to ensure quality of deliverables
- Work in a fast paced, agency environment to complete designs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s in design or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in graphic design or publishing
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in highly technical publishing is a plus
- Knowledge of FHWA’s most recent publication guidelines and communications standards is a plus
- A passion for creating strong visuals
- Organizational and communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of the latest design trends and best practices
- Creative flair and an eye for detail
- A strong portfolio which shows experience with a range of programs and materials
- Willingness to work onsite at client and at Bixal's office, with some work-from-home flexibility
- Ability to pass a public trust security clearance
- Agency experience is preferable
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.