IDIQ Chief of Party
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking Chief of Party candidates for a proposal opportunity to be issued by USAID on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL). The candidate will oversee and lead a team of MEL experts to respond to USAID task order requests to provide a range of services related to MEL to USAID Washington DC, USAID field missions and implementing partners. S/he will be the main person responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient performance of all aspects of the contract, including provision of contract oversight, maintaining acceptable standards of quality for all assigned tasks and expected deliverables, including overall responsibility for leading and coordinating all activities, all required reports, and for staff management. This position is contingent upon contract award. It is expected to be full-time for five years and based in Washington DC.
- Provide vision and leadership to program operations
- Provide technical and thought leadership for MEL
- Serve as the main point of contact with USAID/Washington DC on activity implementation and management aspects
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on the progress and status of all activities under the contract
- Supervise senior staff and all key personnel for the implementation of the contract
- Work closely with USAID, USAID field missions
- Ensure compliance and integrity of contract provisions, including annual work plan and other reports
- Lead, draft and submit quality task order response to USAID/Washington DC and USAID/ mission field offices.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, planning, management, and presentation skills
- Advanced degree in monitoring and evaluation, business administration, management, international development, development economics, organizational sciences or related field
- Proven experience in developing learning cultures, systems, and processes
- At least 10 years of experience in management positions for USAID projects with quality past performance references; previous Chief of Party experience is strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Significant experience working and/or living in an international development context.
- This position will likely have benefits different from Bixal’s standard package.
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.