Entry Level Recruiter
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. We partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
strategy, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
This role will require you to be onsite in Fairfax, VA an average of 3 to 4 days per week with work-from-home opportunities. During the Coronavirus pandemic, all interviews are being conducted virtually and all team members are working remotely.
What will you do?
As an entry level recruiter, you will play an essential role in fueling Bixal's growth and expanding our extraordinary talent. The ideal candidate would come in with some experience in sourcing and full-life cycle recruiting. Bixal is willing to provide support and training so you can merge seamlessly into a very fast paced team. You will work on many positions simultaneously and with short turnaround times. More importantly, you'll recruit for a cultural fit to find the “right fit" without sacrificing diversity.
- Operate as the SME in all things sourcing related. You don't JUST use the standard sites. You know how to comb the web to find things most people can't.
- Manage the full life cycle of the recruiting process from initial discussions and intakes through the offer process.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position and hold the hiring team accountable to it.
- Work with hiring managers and project managers to build job descriptions consistent with Bixal's best-practice standards.
- Handle all functions like a recruiting ninja; swiftly, concisely, and with purpose.
- Communicate effectively and immediately. You will bring resolutions to the table when addressing difficulties in process or patterns inhibiting the process.
- Build relationships internally and externally with candidates and hiring managers.
- Work efficiently in a fast-pace environment without sacrificing your attention to detail.
- Build a network and work with Bixal's established network to find qualified candidates.
- Post openings to online job boards, professional organizations and in other position-appropriate venues.
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews.
- Perform reference checks for potential employees.
- Prepare offer letters and support salary negotiation activities.
- Prepare and send new employee orientation packages.
- Assist in the development of talent acquisition strategies needed to identify active and passive talent.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, IT, Computer Science or a relevant field.
- 1+ years of experience working in recruiting or a similar HR environment.
- Must have an understanding of sourcing.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and flexibility, especially with respect to taking initiative, prioritizing tasks and resolving problems.
- Ability to maintain the highly confidential nature of human resources work.
- Must be organized and be able to prioritize, coordinate and balance multiple priorities in order to serve multiple internal customers in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel for recruitment meetings, college visits and career fairs and maintain a flexible work schedule.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.