Consumer Insights Analyst
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
As a Market Research and Consumer Insight Lead, you will design, execute, and report comprehensive and creative research projects on both client and supplier sides.
Seeking an intellectually curious, hardworking, and innovative Insights Analyst to support market research, message development and testing, and create/execute research projects. The ideal candidate for this role will be adept at finding and gathering existing data, developing custom questionnaires, leading focus groups, analyzing responses, and conceptualizing and visualizing quantitative and qualitative data for dissemination to a wider executive audience. This role requires non-profit or government agency experience, a strategic, big-picture thinker and someone who is willing to go deep in the data to extract the most valuable insights and solutions.
- Conduct quantitative, qualitative, and custom primary research, usability and message testing, and competitive and predictive analysis.
- Mine data and synthesize insights across a variety of internal and external data sources to develop a deep understanding of consumers and to inform marketing and editorial content.
- Utilize both quantitative research methods (such as online surveys) and qualitative research methods (such as focus groups and IDIs) to address research objectives.
- Conduct brand studies, messaging/positioning evaluation, audience segmentation and insights, content optimization, creative tests, and trackers.
- Translate research data into actionable insights and recommendations through dynamic and story-driven reports and presentations.
- Participate in all steps of a project including but not limited to: proposal drafting, research design, questionnaire and discussion guide writing, data analysis, reporting and delivery, presentation, and post-mortem.
- Lead and manage Market Research functions/groups: team building, budget, scheduling, internal/external communication and collaboration.
What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5 + years’ experience
- Experience with government agencies or non-profit organizations
- Experience with SAS or SPSS in a professional setting
- Proven experience using advanced statistical techniques (e.g. regression, factor analysis, discriminant analysis, DCM/conjoint, cluster analysis, MaxDiff, segmentation)
- Strong experience using Excel (creating charts, pivot tables, formatting datasets, etc)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Strong data visualization, writing and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, passionate about market research, and team-oriented
- Strong communication and social skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle projects independently with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to commute to Fairfax, VA
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- Experience with dashboarding or other data visualization tools like Tableau, PowerBI, PowerPivot
- Experience programming online surveys using Qualtrics or other online survey platform
- Experience with survey instrument design
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- Opportunity to work from home
- 401K with matching incentive
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits unless otherwise specified. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.