Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Data Scientist with a deep understanding of human-centered design principals to build, optimize and maintain conceptual and logical database models. You will analyze system requirements and implement migration methods for existing data. The right Data Scientist will love communicating with technical and non-technical audiences alike. You will work cross-functionally to develop database solutions to ensure client information is integrated, centralized and stored effectively and securely.
- Retrieve, prepare, and process a rich data variety of data sources such as monitoring and evaluation reports, government proposals and regulations, contractual documents, social media, news, census data, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data.
- Support Extract, Load, Transform (ETL) processes
- Analyze and model structured data.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Implement algorithms to support analysis using advanced statistical and mathematical methods from statistics, machine learning, data mining, econometrics, and operations research.
- Recommend and deploy a wide range of tools like R, SAS, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Power BI, Qlikview, d3.js or Tableau.
- Operate as a business analyst; translating problems into strategies and creating actions that deliver real results for the clients.
- Understand and operate in a variety of verticals. Including, but not limited to: monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management and learning, sustainable investing, risk management, internal BI, product development, marketing research, and public policy.
- Communicate results and educate others through insightful visualizations, reports and presentations.
- Perform exploratory data analysis, generate and test working theories, and uncover interesting trends and relationships
- Perform statistical natural language processing to mine unstructured data, using a variety of methods like document clustering, topic analysis, named entity recognition, document classification, and sentiment analysis
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
- Optimize system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements
- Define security and backup procedures
- Provide operational support for information architecture (IA)
- Bring a combination of curiosity, collaboration and creativity to your work
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree is strongly preferred in Computer Science or relevant field. Bachelor's degree is acceptable with relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect, Data Analyst or similar role
- Minimum of 2+ years working with AWS products and services
- Must be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident for 5+ years
- Ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust security clearance
- Experience working in BIG DATA
- In-depth understanding of database structures and principles enterprise data management technologies, including database platforms and ETL tools
- Experience with data modeling tools (e.g Erwin Data Modeler, or similar)
- Familiarity with data visualization tools
- Expertise in SQL
- Experience with Agile development methodology and concepts
- Understanding of information systems and data life-cycle management best practices and methodologies and systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), web services, enterprise data management, information security, applications development, and cloud-based architectures with federal clients
- Understanding of National Information Exchange Model (NIEM) standards and interfaces
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.