Housing Counseling Project Manager
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
We are looking for a hard-working full- or part-time Project Manager to lead a long-term federal government contract. You will need to have experience managing multi-faceted projects and a background in housing counseling or housing education. Experience with training programs or digital platform maintenance is ideal. Ultimately, you will collaborate with federal clients and multiple internal teams to deliver services administering a training and certification program for housing counselors. Work can be performed remotely or at Bixal headquarters in Fairfax, VA.
- Provide contract support, organize, plan, direct staff, and coordinate multiple projects
- Oversee development and maintenance of a professional training and certification exam program
- Supervise a team that includes instructional designers, eLearning developers, translators, document specialists, and website programmers
- Liaise with client and facilitate all client communications
- Oversee the work performed by subcontractors including an exam delivery company
- Prepare monthly project status reports, compile website reports, and document meeting records
- Ensure compliance with Federal regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Oversee and support a low-volume technical support call center
- Oversee budget and prepare project plans and process metrics, and provide oral and written reports
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality standards
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications - What will you need?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of program or project management experience, preferably in a housing-related field
- 3+ years of experience working in the field of housing counseling
- 2+ years of experience in the field of instructional design and/or training
- Experienced in the oversight and/or design and development of training programs
- Experience implementing user-centric learning design and development processes
- Ability to prioritize work requirements and adapt quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive problem solver with an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Actively participate and lead client-facing, collaborative team initiatives, resulting in services that delight clients
- Ability to participate in meetings in the Washington, DC area (multiple times per year)
- Previous experience managing federal government contracts is strongly preferred
- Understanding of key federal government requirements, including SCORM and Section 508
- Experienced in the development or maintenance of professional certification exams preferred
- Spanish language proficiency preferred
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
3 weeks PTO
Professional development opportunities
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits unless otherwise specified. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.