Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
Work will be performed at Bixal headquarters in Fairfax, Virginia with a partial remote option. This position is contingent upon contract award.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for an anticipated U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) award. The position will primarily support the development of a national curriculum to improve the knowledge and skills of Disease Intervention Specialists (DIS) located in health departments across the U.S. The M&E specialist will assist leadership in defining evaluation methods to measure learning outcomes across project years, develop data collection tools, protocols and perform routine data analysis for program reporting and use by the management team for continuous improvement. Similar technical support will be provided to other projects in the learning portfolio funded by federal agencies and the position will contribute to business development opportunities to grow the learning practice area.
- Develop a monitoring and evaluation framework to measure learning outcomes among learners accessing a national curriculum and other learning products.
- Provide training and/or technical assistance to partners on methods, protocols and data collection tools to ensure validity and integrity of the data collected.
- Perform routine analysis of quantitative and qualitative data collected through online and instructor-led courses and develop reports for use by management and donors.
- Work closely and collaboratively with subject matter experts to receive inputs on evaluation methods and tools, and coordinate across partners to complement data collection efforts across the program.
- Present results in a visually appealing and engaging manner to generate discussion and to identify gaps for improvement.
- Provide solutions to challenges in implementing monitoring and evaluation activities over the life of the project.
- Provide technical assistance and leadership in monitoring and evaluation to support other learning projects in the portfolio.
- Participate in business development opportunities by contributing or leading sections related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree (master’s degree preferred) in social science, demography, statistics, development, economics, knowledge management or related field.
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must have the ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust security clearance.
- Significant experience designing and implementing baseline assessments, performance evaluations, impact evaluations, translating evidence into guidance for implementation, conducting data quality assessments and assessing the quality of indicators.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
Nice to Haves:
- Background in public health.
- Familiar with CDC.
- Data visualization skills.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.