Learning and Research Specialist
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking a Learning and Research Specialist for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Evidence-Driven Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Activity. The purpose of this five-year Activity is to bolster the capacity of the USAID/Philippines mission to effectively lead and practice collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), which has the broader goal of enhancing USAID’s development effectiveness.
The Learning and Research Specialist supports the CLA Director on all CLA activities of the contract. This position is contingent upon contract award. It is expected to be full-time for five years and based in Manila.
- Track the Mission learning agenda and project and activity MEL plans
- Analyze relevant development trends in data both inside and outside of USAID
- Supply information to guide USAID staff in learning events and other learning-related activities
- Support USAID staff to set up and/or strengthen USAID systems to integrate learning and knowledge management
- Promote effective communications to document and disseminate learning
- Address additional on-demand learning and research needs by USAID staff
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (Master’s preferred) or higher in one or more fields related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration, knowledge management, political science, economics, development studies or closely related, interdisciplinary fields
- At least seven years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in implementation research, project assessments, and secondary data analyses
- First-hand experience with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts, in support of education, natural resource management, urban development, economic growth, and democracy and governance
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities of practice and social networking
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, including written, in-person/presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts.
- Relevant experience with web-based knowledge management platforms and production of GIS maps
- Previous CLA experience, including a working knowledge of USAID’s learning agenda
- Deep knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance
- Prior work experience in the Philippines or South-East Asia is strongly preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; fluency in Tagalog is preferred.
- Benefits will likely be different than the standard Bixal benefits.
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.