Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
This position will be expected to be available on site at the client in Baltimore about 2 days per week. This role will have the ability to work from home several days per week.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Product Manager to join our team and serve as the internal and external evangelist for our client’s products. This role requires commitment to exceptional results and a strong desire for continuous improvement. The ideal candidate has a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the vision to drive that reality.
This project is part of the Social Security Administration’s effort to modernize their services, improve customer experience (CX) and increase efficiency. Bixal will support the SSA by conducting extensive research into the channels that create high volume traffic, resulting in an initial MVP and ultimately a pilot that will be released for small-group testing.
Product Management at Bixal:
- Work in conjunction with the Program Manager to identify business development opportunities and support Bixal’s capture efforts to expand our presence within programs or sectors.
- Support thought leadership across the project and Bixal by confidently and articulately presenting and/or reporting on various aspects of the project/product.
- Work cross-functionally with other Team Leads and stakeholders as needed.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
Product Management General Activities:
- Act as the product champion for new and existing products; work with cross-functional teams to enhance existing products by addressing dependencies and points of intersection with other systems.
- Execute the entire product lifecycle and tactical activities, while keeping in mind influencing factors outside the current scope of work.
- Develop the vision, strategy and model for continuous improvement of products while maintaining a shared sense of purpose and outcomes mindset and taking a people-first approach.
- Evangelize customer needs and assigned product concepts internally and externally to obtain buy-in and drive adoption.
- Utilize product management tools and models to support development initiatives.
- Create, review and approve written, graphic and summary documents and presentations for internal and external use in communicating product goals and objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of target customer needs and champion the needs of the customer when defining, designing, building and launching products.
- Evaluate product ideas and requests from numerous sources and articulate a rationale for those that are worth pursuing.
- Deeply understand customer use cases and pain points and take ownership over products to continually measure and improve customer satisfaction.
- Lead collaboration with the team and stakeholders using “design thinking” to identify corrective and beneficial product direction and take the initiative to see these through.
- Develop and maintain a roadmap used to deliver on the product vision across current and future timelines.
- Coordinate with cross-functional groups to introduce product design direction, clarifying proposed changes and integrations. Seek the input and needs of concerned stakeholder groups.
- Work closely with software engineers to develop and launch solutions.
- Frequently interface with client representatives, including Product Owners, Contracting Officers, Contracting Officer’s Representatives and other stakeholders as needed.
- Monitor and understand the direction of multiple related projects with intersecting goals, requirements and outcomes.
- Collaborate with the product team to support and approve acceptance criteria used to define success prior to delivery.
- Work closely with the delivery team to coordinate messaging across customer and stakeholder segments for each iterative product release.
- Measure and report the actual results of the product strategy against target success metrics.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant product management experience.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders, using their terminology.
- Sharp attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated history of interfacing with internal project teams and senior management, as well as external clients and other stakeholders.
- Ability to advocate for prioritized product outcomes against clearly defined goals.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert skills using MS Office.
Nice to Haves:
- Certified Product Manager (CPM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
- Background in or experience with design thinking processes and tools.
- Experience with JIRA.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- People management/supervisory experience preferred.
- At least 3 years supporting federal government product initiatives preferred.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.