Remote Drupal Developer (Backend, Frontend, & Full Stack)
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
This role will be remote (outside of the greater DC, MD, VA area) with occasional travel to the client site and Bixal events. Less than 5% annually.
What will you do?
As a member of our tech team, you will work collaboratively with Bixal team members and various stakeholders to design and redesign top notch websites for our clients. Your thirst for continuous learning and professional development is rivaled by your Drupal knowledge. Bixal is focused on leaving the world a better place as a result of the work we're doing. If you'd like to use your coding powers for good, then you should join our team!
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining responsive websites using web development tools.
- Interacts with team to gather, define, and analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy business needs.
- Creates efficient/logical databases.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Design, test and integrate system and enterprise software and multi-tier systems architectures.
- Assist in the configuration of web server settings.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in web design and development including mobile and responsive design.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operation support. Experience with Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations. Experience building responsive websites.
- Experience with Content Management System design, build and integration.
- Strong proficiencies in developing/implementing content in Drupal 7 core modules, contributed modules, custom modules, views, panels, blocks, etc.
- Experience migrating from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8.
- Experience and knowledge in other content management systems, e.g., Percussion.
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Experience with Developer/Build tools including GIT and Jenkins.
- Experience working with various Operating Systems, including Ubuntu, Linux, Windows and relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge of usability/accessibility standards of user interface development in order to produce code compliant for Section 508 accessibility (may work with development tools that aid in this process).
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.