Junior Agile Project Manager
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
An Agile Project Manager understands that communication is key to success. In this role, you are an advocate for Agile, committed to open communications and transparency in nurturing high performing teams under the Scrum or Kanban framework. You will facilitate and provide direction for web development project team(s), while acting as the client or Product Owner’s advocate to ensure the goals and objectives of the project are achieved.
- Possess deep working-knowledge of Agile Methodologies and lead an Agile transformation for a large Federal agency.
- Practice servant leadership and lead the team through example.
- Guide a team on how to effectively self-organize.
- Build a trusting and safe work environment with an emphasis on problem-solving.
- Proactively problem solve by removing impediments with an enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Facilitate production of work through discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining focus on quality and ensuring processes are followed and Bixal quality standards are met.
- Manage sprint ceremonies and ensure all members are on board with their workload and have clear direction on tasks.
- Know and practice a variety of retrospective, estimation, grooming and facilitation techniques.
- Support the Product Owner to groom and maintain the product backlog.
- Speak technically and in layman’s terms while overseeing discovery, design, and development of Agile software projects.
- Feel confident curating and presenting information in front of Product Owners, client stakeholders, or Bixal senior management as requested.
- Prepare project reports as needed.
- Brief PMO and Bixal Leadership on project progress.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Active CSM, PSM, or PMI-ACP certification is required.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the oversight and/or design and development of web sites is required.
- Minimum of 2 years practicing Agile for software projects is required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with proven track record interfacing with partners, clients, and other stakeholders is required.
- Knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency are required.
- Experience facilitating user-centric design and development processes is required.
- Experience with JIRA is required.
- Proven skills using MS Office is required.
- Experience with Federal contracts, including regulations, guidelines, policies, and procedures is preferred.
- Experience with Drupal8 is preferred.
- Willingness to work at Client site (in DC) with partial remote option.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.