Cloud and Infrastructure Engineer
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
This role will be primarily based in the Fairfax, VA office. You will have the opportunity to work from home a few days per week, once you're adapted to the role.
What will you do?
As a member of our growing software team, you will support the full SDLC for the development of DevOps, Cloud and Big Data tasks. You will work collaboratively with the team to recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environments and knowledge of various on-premise, Cloud-based and hybrid resources.
- Create and help support developers build pipelines using common task runners like Gitlab, Bitbucket Pipelines, CircleCI, Travis CI, etc.
- Create and support container images for web applications.
- Automate container image scanning from various CVE and IAVA exploit lists.
- Implement production and testing infrastructure utilizing infrastructure as code.
- Ensure images follow best security practices and will pass various federal, PCI, and FEDRamp compliance (STIG and Authority to operate).
- Create appropriate container runtime systems to support our Team’s development of various federal datacenters (container orchestration).
- Support low configuration environments such as platform.sh
- Support and improve legacy, VM based, pipelines and deployments.
- Operate in a fast-paced Agile environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 1 year to 3+ years’ experience.
- Working knowledge of Centos, Debian, Ubuntu and RHEL.
- Working knowledge of Infrastructure as Code.
- Understanding of various task runner implementations.
- Experience with Dockerfile writing and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of, or experience with STIG (Standard Technical Implementation Guide) is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to learn STIG if no prior experience.
- Ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust Security Clearance.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.