Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (M&E)
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking a Senior M&E Advisor for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Evidence-Driven Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Activity. The purpose of this five-year Activity is to bolster the capacity of the USAID/Philippines mission to effectively lead and practice collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA), which has the broader goal of enhancing USAID’s development effectiveness.
The Senior M&E Advisor oversees and participates in all monitoring, evaluations, assessments and research throughout the life of the contract. S/he reports to the COP/CLA Director and is the manager of the embedded indefinite quantity contract that will be used to carry out specific monitoring, evaluation and learning activities as requested by the Mission. This position is contingent upon contract award. It is expected to be full-time for five years and based in Manila.
- Manage third-party monitoring requirements in non-permissible environments (NPEs)
- Serve as the principal investigator for at least the majority of strategic evaluations and research implemented through this Contract
- Design and develop field data validation plans and appropriate methodologies and instruments, and conducts and/or oversees corresponding data analysis
- Conduct tests to examine data’s reliability and validity
- Maintains strong networks with the local M&E community and ensures that all M&E designs and approaches employ rigorous methods and high-quality, state-of-the-art practices
- Provides guidance and management for subcontractors, lower-level M&E specialists, data collectors, and any other technical specialists tasked with implementing monitoring, evaluation, assessments and research activities as part of this contract
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on the progress and status of all activities under the contract.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in social science, demography, statistics, development, economics, knowledge management or related field
- At least 10 years of progressively responsible professional experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- At least 5 years of experience in supervisory and/or management position, including provision of management oversight to subcontractors and/or IDIQ management
- Significant experience designing and implementing baseline assessments, performance evaluations, impact evaluations, translating evidence into guidance for implementation, conducting data quality assessments, and assessing the quality of indicators.
- Deep knowledge of USAID M&E regulations, compliance and requirements
- Excellent team work, interpersonal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Prior work experience in the Philippines or South-East Asia is strongly preferred
- Excellent English communication skills including professional writing
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; fluency in Tagalog is preferred.
- Benefits will likely be different from the standard Bixal benefits
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.