Senior Communications and Marketing Strategist (NIH)
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
This position is full time, salaried with benefits. Primary place of work will be in Bethesda, MD.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking a Sr. Communications & Marketing Strategist to support strategic outreach and communication efforts for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Office of Extramural Research (OER) in Bethesda, MD. You will work alongside NIH staff to allocate resources and provide program support for the Small Business Education and Entrepreneurial Development (SEED) office.
- Establish a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing plan for the SEED (Small Business Education and Entrepreneurial Development) office.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis to develop a deep understanding of the key stakeholder groups.
- Develop strategies and implementation plans to publicize and promote the mission of the SEED across multiple audiences including biotechnology investors, investigators, and policy makers.
- Coordinate and conduct activities related to long- and short-range planning; program and project development, implementation and evaluation; audience research; and translation and dissemination of information to audiences in a variety of formats.
- Lead branding activities for the SEED office, including development of marketing materials and re-developing key websites.
- Advise on the most appropriate communication channels and messaging according to audience.
- Participate in the creation of communications materials across multiple formats (i.e., via written, electronic, and audiovisual formats) to different audiences.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and other colleagues to leverage knowledge and resources, ensure consistency of messages, and foster teamwork.
- Serve as a communication touchpoint for all SEED activities and facilitate information sharing across offices.
- Provide expert knowledge and input on the development and management of media campaigns.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- 7+ years of experience in strategic communications field, including change management, public affairs, content development, social media implementation, digital or print media, or tactical communications and marketing.
- Possess deep understanding and familiarity with the small business and biotechnology sectors.
- Ability to work both independently and collaborative under tight deadlines to translate ideas and concepts into professional communication products.
- Ability and willingness to commute to Bethesda, MD.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.