Business Development Research Associate
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. So we partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
design, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
This position will be located at Bixal headquarters in Fairfax, VA, with the option for partial remote work.
What will you do?
We are looking for a Research Associate to support Bixal’s health sector business development efforts. As a Research Associate you will identify and analyze opportunities where Bixal can expand its business in the areas of health and healthcare. You will research potential partnerships and perform outreach to existing market players in order to build strong relationships in the health sector. You will represent Bixal at networking events and use your research and knowledge of the health sector to develop proposals that will broaden Bixal’s reach into this pivotal and growing market.
- Support Bixal business development efforts within the health sector.
- Help to identify and analyze opportunities within federal health agencies that align with Bixal’s goals.
- Identify potential partners and conduct outreach to support business development efforts.
- Support proposal responses for health sector opportunities.
- Collaborate across Bixal to gather content and information for health sector business development.
- Represent Bixal at events and help promote our work in the health sector by drafting capability statements and blog posts.
- Support business development efforts by gathering and synthesizing data, interpreting results, drawing conclusions and making recommendations based on your findings.
- Draft research reports for Bixal’s management.
- Assist with and support presentations during meetings with clients and potential clients.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A bachelor’s degree with a strong interest in and passion for health sector topics.
- Experience in both new business development and proposal development.
- The ability to research opportunities with federal clients and in the federal government sector.
- Knowledge of the proposal development process and of federal agency contract processes.
- Familiarity with federal agencies that work within and focus on the health sector.
- The ability to analyze content from different sources and synthesize the information into organized reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to Have:
- A degree in a health sector area.
- Previous experience as a proposal coordinator or a business development associate.
- Previous experience drafting or writing documents, including reports, articles and blog posts that focus on either health topics or business development.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.