USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning STTA Consultants
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
We are BIXAL, a mission-driven organization determined to leave a positive impact on the
lives of people everywhere. And we believe in the potential of our government to deliver
on this mission at a scale like nothing else in the world.
We believe everyone deserves an effective government, and we believe that if we can
optimize the customer experience in this space for our clients and partners, the potential
is absolutely limitless. We partner with leading Federal agencies to conceive and deliver
powerful data-driven customer experiences through holistic digital and communications
solutions. We offer an array of strategic and digital services including customer-experience
strategy, data science, analytics, cloud computing and more, but digital innovation alone
does not define us.
BIXAL is more than an agency. It’s a methodology.
It’s a people-absolutely-first approach to solving complex organizational challenges that
gracefully balances cutting-edge technical chops with a deep sense of empathy and
understanding. We relentlessly focus on outcomes, and weave it all together with a unique
agility that permeates across every single step we take.
We bring a high standard and a different creative energy to our Federal clients, and our
wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible. BIXAL unites different people with
different perspectives from all over the world. And then we provide them with an open and
empowered environment where solutions flourish and collaboration is king.
Call for CVs: Bixal is seeking Short-Term Technical Area Consultants for USAID/Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning IDIQ (STTA Consultants)
Washington D.C. and/or field assignments in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Bixal is leading a consortium for the USAID/Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning IDIQ (to be awarded). This will provide several opportunities for monitoring, evaluation and learning in a myriad of countries and regions. If you're interested in partnering with us on STTA opportunities please submit your resume in English through this site.
The following are the objectives for this project:
- Evaluation and analysis of USAID’s programming in order to achieve development outcomes that provide the basis for decisions such as future design, mid-course corrections and adaptive management.
- Evaluation and analysis of high-priority strategic issues and lessons-learned which may be of concern to the administrator, agency managers or key agency customers.
- Pilot and test innovative approaches to monitoring, evaluations and learning-on-request that can fill gaps in USAID’s MEL toolbox.
- Provide evaluation and technical assistance to missions and operating units.
- Provide technical support in program performance monitoring.
- Provide technical services in evaluation and performance monitoring capacity-building for USAID staff and local institutions.
- Participate on and/or lead teams to, conduct a variety of activities under MEL IDIQ including assessments, studies, data analysis, trainings/capacity building activities and other technical assistance in a breadth of development areas.
- Develop assessment or evaluation designs based on existing scopes of work, including finalizing assessment questions, developing and testing interview protocols and other measurement tools, determining qualitative and quantitative sampling strategies and finalizing methodological approaches.
- Conduct fieldwork, including training team members and/or data collectors in interview protocols and methodologies, conducting interviews and meetings with USAID and other key stakeholders and implementing partnerships to understand potential uses of assessment findings.
- Analyze qualitative and/or quantitative data using the most rigorous approaches appropriate to the time available, and training team members in these approaches as needed.
- Present findings to USAID and write final reports detailing findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Design and deliver training and capacity building for a variety of audiences, including USAID mission staff, host country governments, partnering staff, teachers and/or community leaders.
General Requirements (Illustrative):
- Master's degree in relevant expertise field.
- Demonstrated M&E technical skills, including assessments, performance evaluations, M&E capacity strengthening/trainings, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods.
- Prior experience working in international development and an understanding of the local country context.
- Familiarity with USAID project cycles, policies, regulations, monitoring, evaluation methodologies and reporting requirements.
- Fluency in English required. Other language fluencies may be required depending on country of assignment.
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.