USAID Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning IDIQ STTA Consultants
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
Call for CVs: Bixal is seeking Short-Term Technical Area Consultants for USAID/Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning IDIQ (STTA Consultants)
Washington D.C., and/or field assignments in Africa, Asia, and Latin America and Caribbean
Bixal is leading a consortium for the USAID/ Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning IDIQ opportunity to be awarded. This will provide several opportunities for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning opportunities in a myriad of countries and regions. We're asking that if you're interested in partnering with us on STTA opportunities to submit your resume in English here.
The following are the objectives for this project:
- Evaluation and analysis of USAID’s programming to achieve development outcomes, as the basis for decisions such as future design, mid-course corrections, and adaptive management.
- Evaluation and analysis of high-priority strategic, issues and lessons learned which may be of concern to the Administrator, Agency managers or key Agency customers.
- Pilot and test innovative approaches to monitoring, evaluations, and learning on request in order to fill gaps in USAID’s MEL toolbox.
- Provide evaluation technical assistance to Missions and operating units.
- Provide technical support in program performance monitoring.
- Technical services in evaluation and performance monitoring capacity building for USAID staff and local institutions.
- Participate on and/or lead teams to conduct a variety of activities under MEL IDIQ, including assessments, studies, data analysis, trainings/capacity building activities, and other technical assistance in a breadth of development areas.
- Develop assessment or evaluation designs based on existing scopes of work, including finalizing assessment questions, developing and testing interview protocols and other measurement tools, determining qualitative and quantitative sampling strategies, and finalizing methodological approaches.
- Conduct fieldwork in countries, including training team members and/or data collectors in interview protocols and methodologies, conducting interviews, and meeting with USAID and other key stakeholders, and implementing partners, to understand potential uses of assessment findings.
- Analyze qualitative and/or quantitative data using the most rigorous approaches appropriate to the time available, and training team members in these approaches, as needed.
- Present findings to USAID and write final reports detailing findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Design and deliver training and capacity building for a variety of audiences, including USAID Mission staff, host country governments, implementing partner staff, teachers and/or community leaders.
General Requirements (illustrative):
- Master's degree in relevant development expertise field.
- Demonstrated M&E technical skills, including assessments, performance evaluations, M&E capacity strengthening/trainings, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis methods, etc.
- Prior experience working in international development and an understanding of the local country context.
- Familiarity with USAID project cycle, policies, regulations, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies and reporting requirements.
- Fluency in English required. Other language fluencies may be required, dependent on country of assignment.
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.