Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
You will be an integral part of a team that will be responsible for curating, editing, and publishing content for a major highway engineering research program. The subject matter will include structures, materials, traffic safety, geometric design, hydraulics, traffic control/engineering, intelligent transportation systems, and pavement design. You will also be supporting disciplines of mathematics, computer science, photogrammetry, electronic engineering, and engineering psychology.
- Provide writing and editing services to prepare publications for Web and print publishing.
- Research, write, and edit technical articles, papers, reports, flyers, and other material of various lengths for a professional-level technical publication.
- Proof-read documents for grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style.
- Work diligently to identify all errors and correct them immediately.
- Manage tight deadlines; communicating with all team members to make sure that everyone is on schedule.
- Write and edit consumable content for mass consumption.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, English, or a related discipline.
- Experience in a government agency.
- 5+ years of experience in technical editing, research, and writing.
- Editing experience using the GPO Style Manual and the Chicago Style Manual.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office specifically in MS Word.
- Experience in Section 508 document compliance standards.
- Experience in technical areas like researching and writing publications on highway technology, such as pavements, structures, and construction and maintenance is preferred.
- Must be highly skilled in grammar, punctuation, spelling, copy editing, and proofreading.
- Strong experience and comfortability with Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have the ability to make technical information highly digestible for a variety of audiences.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment with complex processes and tasks that contain multiple phases.
- Ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust security clearance.
- Willingness and ability to work at client site (McLean, VA) and Fairfax, VA with partial remote option.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.