Contracts and Compliance Associate
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
This role will work collaboratively with our Leadership team to manage existing contracts, price new, and keep Bixal in compliance. You appreciate the grey areas but know when and where to apply finite limits and hard lines. Your attention to detail and exceptional time management will help you with ongoing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements.
This position will be based out of our Fairfax, VA office 3-4 days per week. You will also need to travel to the clients' sites in DC on occasion.
- Draft, evaluate and negotiate contract agreements
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a single point of contact for contractual matters
- Manage record-keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation
- Comply with monthly/quarterly contract reporting requirements
- Design and implement internal controls around the procurement process. Work with the project team to ensure all procurement processes are transparent by the project beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Facilitate monthly review of office operations workflow; investigate, identify, propose and implement new ways of achieving project efficiencies in order to improve the efficiency of programming
- Work with the Business Development team to price proposals competitively, preparing market and compensation analysis where necessary
- Work with the Recruiting/HR team for labor cost control and compliance
- Work with the Project Management team to ensure revenue and expenses are accrued and recorded in accordance with GAAP; maintaining DCAA compliance
- Ensure accuracy of invoice coding, project costs and monthly invoices to the client
- Ensure clients and vendors receive timely replies on any inquiries
- Perform other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or contracts
- At least 3 years of relevant experience working in accounting, finance, project or general business management.
- Some experience managing contracts for the U.S. federal government
- Must be able to work within Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at a nearly expert level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a natural ability to build relationships and keep momentum within a team.
- Ability to organize, stay organized, prioritize, and re-prioritize all while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Experience working well under pressure and on short deadlines.
- A positive attitude; an innate self-starter that values the importance of self-directed learning.
- Ability to work quickly without sacrificing quality or accuracy.
- Ability to take direction, request information, or ask questions quickly when needed.
- Value is placed on feedback and constructive criticism; actively seek it out and incorporate it into the iterative process in order to produce top-quality documents.
- Ability to work within a team and follow workflow utilizing project management tools and procedures.
- Experience as a financial analyst with an interest in moving into contracts.
- Project Management experience on Government contracts.
- Working knowledge of contract laws.
- Experience or working knowledge of Unanet.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.