Interactive Art Director
Washington D.C. Metro Area
UX and Design
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
The Interactive Art Director will be responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic and on-strategy creative for all aspects of Bixal’s brand presence.
The Interactive Art Director reports to the Creative Director, and will work closely with the User Experience Designers, Content Writers, Developers and Project Managers.
The right person will be primarily an Art Director with strong Front-End Developer skills, understanding UI Design and Development.
Responsibilities - What Will You Do?
- Producing the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates. While some projects may require directing external resources, the role is expected to be hands-on.
- Translating offline/online Marketing strategies into effective designs.
- Working with internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards.
- Working with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Working with the VP of UX and Design, and the Creative Director to translate and create marketing requirements into compelling, appropriate campaigns and designs.
- Managing and producing digital design work.
- Translating wireframes into simple, easy-to-use User Interfaces.
- Ensuring consistency of brand and creative across digital customer touch points.
- Providing design support to other business lines to create product graphics, logos, identity design, or other similar offline graphics.
- Functioning as liaison for technical understanding between client, software team, and Creative teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - What Do You Need?
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 5+ years of design experience, preferably from an agency.
- A strong portfolio of design work, showing solutions to business problems through effective design.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Knowledge of the Web Design process, front end development and UX/UI skills.
- Working knowledge of Drupal and HTML skills are a plus.
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability.
- Good people skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Effective presentation skills and experience presenting to senior level management and stakeholders
- Ability to undergo and pass a public trust clearance
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive base salary
- Flex hours
- 401K with matching incentive
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Company provided short-term disability
- Company provided life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Professional development opportunities
Position is full-time, salaried, with benefits unless otherwise specified. No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.