Part Time Events and Meeting Planner
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
The Events and Meeting Planner is responsible for the successful execution of meeting and conference logistics from inception through completion, including onsite management and post event follow up. The Meeting Planner will manage assigned projects, adhere to budgets, timelines, processes and procedures. The Meeting Planner is responsible for internal and external relations and providing updates based on changing needs.
- Plan and coordinate all meetings
- Coordinate logistics and participants’ travel and reimbursement for meetings
- Provide on-site logistical support and carry out follow-up responsibilities
- Work with Designated Federal Official and Senior Program Specialist, as needed, to complete all work
- Maintain an organized and detail-oriented day-to-day environment; ensuring quality control of documents by avoiding multiple copies and variations
- Site selection including hotel and/or venue, including the RFP process and contract negotiation
- Vendor RFP process and contract management as necessary
- Transportation vendor management as necessary
- Materials fulfillment, handling and shipping
- Event marketing communications as necessary
- Housing & Travel management including serving as liaison with contracted travel agency
- Create and manage program budgets
- Key liaison with clients and meeting participants
- Troubleshooting for all meeting service needs
- Management of post-event evaluations & surveys
- Management of internal/external debrief meetings
- Develop and grow relationships with meeting service vendors such as hoteliers, suppliers (PC nametag), DMCs, etc.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders and Senior Leaders as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or five years of directly relevant experience
- U.S. Citizenship
- Public Trust security clearance, or ability to undergo and pass a Public Trust security clearance
- 5+ years (or specific demonstrated quality work performance) in program support and meeting management
- Strong oral and written communications skills with proven track record interfacing with partners, clients and other stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills for use in coordinating logistics, scheduling, travel, and reimbursement for large number of high-level meetings for between 8 and 100 people
- Proven skills in hotel negotiations, meeting space planning, and speaker preparation
- Experience preparing briefing materials, including assembly, collation and distribution of materials
- Nearly expert level skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, SharePoint or other spreadsheet and database application) for report preparation, data collection, and development/maintenance of tracking systems
- Ability to maintain high-quality work while meeting tight deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills to include managing concurrent tasks efficiently.
- Familiarity with teleconferencing and webinar technologies and conference recording
- High degree of professionalism, self-motivation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent references
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time
- Experience working with federal government agencies
- Background in criminal juvenile justice preferred
- Familiarity with web tools and social media
- CGMP certification
- General knowledge of Federal Travel Regulations (FTR)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to think quickly in difficult situations
- Ability to maintain composure under tight deadlines
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.