Drupal Developer 7 and 8
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
There is flexibility for this role to be entirely remote. We also need team members to be onsite near our Fairfax, VA or Washington, DC offices which would have work-from-home opportunities in addition to being on site.
What will you do?
As a member of our tech team, you will work collaboratively with Bixal team members and various stakeholders to design and redesign top notch websites for our clients. Your thirst for continuous learning and professional development is rivaled by your Drupal knowledge. Bixal is focused on leaving the world a better place as a result of the work we're doing. If you'd like to use your coding powers for good, then you should join our team!
- Responsible for designing, creating, testing and maintaining responsive websites using web development tools.
- Interacts with team to gather, define, and analyze requirements to determine the most effective web technologies to satisfy business needs.
- Creates efficient/logical databases.
- Recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Design, test and integrate system and enterprise software and multi-tier systems architectures.
- Assist in the configuration of web server settings.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience in web design and development including mobile and responsive design.
- Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release and operation support. Experience with Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations. Experience building responsive websites.
- Experience with Content Management System design, build and integration.
- Strong proficiencies in developing/implementing content in Drupal 7 core modules, contributed modules, custom modules, views, panels, blocks, etc.
- Experience migrating from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8. Experience and knowledge in other content management systems, e.g., Percussion.
- Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS. Experience with Developer/Build tools including GIT and Jenkins.
- Experience working with various Operating Systems – Ubuntu, Linux, Windows and relational databases.
- Advanced knowledge of usability/accessibility standards of user interface development in order to produce code compliant for Section 508 accessibility; may work with development tools that aid in this process.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.