Washington D.C. Metro Area
Who we are:
Bixal uses strategic communications, design, and technology to positively transform the lives of people through the work we do for our clients. What distinguishes us is our diverse and global perspective to addressing complex challenges and a single-minded focus on remaining lean and agile.
Bixal is growing. We cultivate top talent in the fields of strategic communications, experience strategy and design, mobile and web application, integrated marketing solutions, data analytics, and instructional design.
What will you do?
As a Content Strategist you will create, curate, and organize information to achieve communication and marketing objectives for Bixal and our clients. The ideal candidate has a background in developing content solutions that deliver the right content to the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Develop, execute, and coordinate content strategies for Bixal and our clients.
- Serve as the Project Lead - Supervise and manage a team of content strategists and designers
- Serve as a leader and mentor. Be a helpful team player and skilled client partner.
- Work closely with the client’s Product Owner using an Agile methodology.
- Help plan, lead, and implement a variety of digital projects; including websites, intranet sites, custom, proprietary and open source applications, digital content strategies, and social media strategies.
- Understand client needs and advocate on behalf of clients to ensure project success.
- Create wireframes, sketches, sitemaps and other artifacts to explain information structures and how they apply to the design challenge.
- Partner with other team members, including UX-ers, visual designers, and developers to optimize the content elements based on usability, intuitiveness, consistency, and business metrics.
- Provide support in updating, maintaining, and creating metadata.
- Ensure all content incorporates digital best practices and federal Section 508 and plain language standards.
- Define content standards and develop reports for clients.
- Maintain monthly web metrics reports and create dashboards to inform content strategy.
- Offer guidance on information architecture, UX (including usability experience), SEO, use of graphics, mobile optimization, and other Web best practices.
- Conduct web content inventories, current-state analysis, site audits, competitive assessments, user testing, and website metrics.
- Perform other duties as required
- 5+ years professional experience with content strategy.
- Degree in a relevant field (English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science).
- Experience developing content solutions for large websites or applications.
- Understanding of holistic user-centered design processes, and how content strategy fits in and elevates the work.
- Experience implementing content strategies as part of cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead content strategy across the entire web development process.
- Experience working within Agile design and development teams.
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types.
- Experience in writing, revising, sourcing, and aggregating content.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience using data and analytics to support strategy.
- Ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Role is onsite at least 3 days a week at our federal client’s building near L’Enfant Plaza.
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
10 paid holidays
Company provided Short-Term Disability
Company provided Life Insurance
401k with employer match
WMATA commuter benefits program
New business referral bonus
Professional development incentives
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.