Senior Software Engineer - Data
Brooklyn, NY /
Brooklyn Investment Group is an SEC-registered Investment Adviser that leverages the technology of its parent company, Brooklyn Artificial Intelligence Research. This technology is combined with institutional-grade portfolio optimization and automated tax-loss harvesting to power personalized portfolios for our clients.
Over the past five years, Brooklyn Artificial Intelligence Research has developed one of the world’s most powerful A.I. engines for customizing investment portfolios and more than $5 billion has been traded on portfolios created by its A.I. to date.
Our growing team of 15+ quant investors, machine learning researchers, and software engineers comes from top universities and financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Bridgewater Associates.
As a Senior Software engineer, you’ll be building an ingestion and validation pipeline along with data storage and retrieval solution for terabytes of data that will be used by clients, traders, quantitative researchers to make trading decisions on billions of dollars across publicly traded US equities and expanding across other asset classes.
Skills & Experience Core
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer working on data platforms and pipelines
- Experience building systems and pipelines for large datasets (think financial data, advertisement data, mobile telemetry, etc)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: eg. Apache Airflow, Spark
- Strong SQL skills and experience with database performance optimization
- Extensive knowledge of architecting, deploying and scaling asynchronous data systems in AWS
- Experience building Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing, source control, and general software engineering best practices
Skills & Experience Pluses
- Experience implementing and automating security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Experience with common Python data science packages (NumPy, Pandas, etc)
- Experience in a front end framework (Vue, React, etc)
- Strong English communication skills
If you’re interested, please send your CV, GitHub profile, and a short paragraph on why you'd be an excellent addition to the company to email@example.com.
Anticipated range of $150,000-$200,000 for base salary, depending on the amount of compensation desired in equity options, and on experience level.
Brooklyn Investment Group, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Brooklyn Artificial Intelligence Research, D/B/A of Skopos Labs, Inc. Brooklyn Investment Group and Brooklyn Artificial Investment Research are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.