Senior Software Engineer - Data
Brooklyn, NY /
Brooklyn Investment Group is an SEC Registered Investment Adviser that leverages the technology of its parent company, Brooklyn Artificial Intelligence Research, a pioneer in building A.I. that understands human preferences through natural language. This technology is combined with institutional-grade portfolio optimization and automated tax-loss harvesting to power personalized portfolios for clients.
Over the past five years, Brooklyn Artificial Intelligence Research has developed one of the world’s most powerful A.I. engines for customizing investment portfolios and more than $5 billion has been traded on portfolios created by its A.I. to date.
Our growing team of 15+ quant investors, machine learning researchers, software engineers and regulatory experts comes from top financial institutions and universities.
Brooklyn Investment Group is the only A.I. company to tackle wealth management as a core focus. Our A.I.-powered SMA platform empowers independent financial advisors to scale personalization and access to crypto to unlock client engagement and growth.
Skills & Experience Core
- 3+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer working on data platforms and pipelines
- Experience building systems and pipelines for large datasets (think financial data, advertisement data, mobile telemetry, etc)
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: eg. Apache Airflow, Spark
- Strong SQL skills and experience with database performance optimization
- Extensive knowledge of architecting, deploying and scaling asynchronous data systems in AWS
- Experience building Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) and CI/CD pipelines
- Familiarity with unit and integration testing, source control, and general software engineering best practices
Skills & Experience Pluses
- Experience implementing and automating security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Experience with common Python data science packages (NumPy, Pandas, etc)
- Experience in a front end framework (Vue, React, etc)
- Strong English communication skills
If you’re interested, please send your CV, GitHub profile, and a short paragraph on why you'd be an excellent addition to the company to email@example.com.
Brooklyn Investment Group, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Skopos Labs, Inc. Brooklyn Investment Group and Skopos Labs are equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.