Marketing Internship Program - July 2023
Paris, France /
Marketing – Marketing /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
The Marketing Internship Program
BlaBlaCar’s marketing teams are excited to welcome you! Our internships are crafted to provide students with the best possible hands-on experience and to better prepare them for the job market.
BlaBlaCar truly believes in the potential of interns and does its best to guide, train and support them. Throughout the program, participants start with a comprehensive onboarding experience, have the opportunity to connect with their mentors and team members, and work on global scale projects.
The BlaBlaCar Marketing Internship Program is launched twice a year and it welcomes interns in 3 different marketing areas:
- Digital Marketing Team: 2 Interns (1 fluent in French mandatory & 1 non-mandatory)
- Regional Marketing Team: 1 Intern (fluent in French mandatory)
- CRM Operations Team: 1 Intern (fluent in French is a strong plus)
About the marketing teams
- Digital Marketing
- Regional Marketing
- CRM Operations
As a Digital Marketing intern in the Digital Marketing team, you will work on all high impact channels (SEA, Facebook, Display, ASA, Youtube,...) for several countries. You will be joining a very skilled and motivated team whose goal is to accelerate BlaBlaCar’s growth via efficient marketing activities. You will be onboarded into BlaBlaCar first-in-class marketing strategy and operations, and you will be able to play a key role in optimizing marketing performances to reach our activity and ROI-related objectives as well as increasing our brand awareness.
Within the Regional Marketing team you will work closely with the French Marketing Manager on various topics: define our CRM strategy and coordinate the delivery, scale our Social Media strategy, find new marketing partnerships, come up with growth hacking ideas, get involved in the planification of above-the-line campaigns (radio, out-of-home, television)... You will join a team whose goal is to raise-awareness & consideration about BlaBlaCar, while making sure our ROI is aligned with our objectives.
The CRM Ops team mission is to be a center of expertise to reactivate and engage the BlaBlaCar users through ad hoc, personalized, and targeted Marketing communications. As a CRM Ops intern you will work closely with the Marketing Managers to lead CRM campaigns on our owned channels (email, push notifications, in-product communications) for several markets. You will be in charge of analyzing the campaigns performance and provide recommendations accordingly. You will also contribute to the Benchmarking to gather CRM best practices on the market.
When can I apply for the internship program?
- Applications are open for 3 weeks from April to May 2023
- You are passionate about the marketing world
- You are fluent in English (French is mandatory for some positions, see details above)
- You are rigorous and well-organized
- You have a passion for data
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You are enrolled in a bachelors or masters program, available for a 6-month (mandatory) internship with start in July 2023
- Nice to have: First experience in a similar field
- Being familiar with marketing metrics (CAC, ROI, etc…) is a plus
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
Please note that having an internship agreement from your school or university is mandatory. We won’t be able to proceed with your application if you do not have this document.
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work
- Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week (discussed during the first call)
- A fair & competitive salary package from €1000~1200 (based on the candidate profile)
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like
- A 15-minute phone call to get to know your motivation and which department you would prefer to join.
- A 45-minute interview with one of our Hiring Managers, Elena, Benjamin, Clarisse, Valentin or William from the Marketing teams.
- A 45-minute case study presentation (which you will be given 3 days to prepare for) to present to one of our Hiring Managers from the Marketing teams
- A 15-minute discussion with one other team member
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.