Public Affairs Manager - BlaBlaCar Bus & Trains
Paris or Remote from France /
General Administration – Goverment Relations & Public Affairs /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Public Affairs Manager for our Bus and Train activities to join the Government Relations and Public Policy team at BlaBlaCar. Its mission is to design and roll out our public policy and outreach strategy to contribute to the growth of both these business lines.
As Public Affairs Manager for Buses and Trains, your role will be to monitor and understand the political context as well as the regulatory framework applicable to our activities in France and in the EU, assess its impact on our business, and act to meet and educate relevant policy makers, regulators and other public and private stakeholders accordingly.
You will be reporting to the Head of Government Relations and Public Policy and working with a team of 5, in close coordination with the management and other talented teams within the company (Legal, Operated Buses, Train, PR & Communication, etc.).
- Represent BlaBlaCar in front of all public officials and industry stakeholders of the bus and train ecosystem, both at a local and national level, and become their day to day point of contact (Ministry of Transports, DGITM, DGEC, ART, etc.)
- Design and roll out our public affairs strategy to build a safe regulatory path to growth for our operated bus and train businesses, in a context of market liberalization in France and across the EU
- Monitor all bus and train related regulatory evolutions assess their operational and business impact in coordination with Business teams to help them anticipate and navigate a fast-changing environment (access to ultra-low emission zones, environmental laws on vehicle emissions, liberalization policies on buses and trains across Europe, etc.)
- Whenever necessary, deploy advocacy strategies to ensure that BlaBlaCar’s position, but also the position of its users and bus partners is taken into consideration by key policy makers
- Represent BlaBlaCar in professional federations we’re part of (FNTV, OTRE, etc.).
- You have +5 years of experience as a Public Policy professional in an agency or in a tech or mobility company, or you’ve worked with a Member of Parliament or in a transport-related public institution
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills, both in French and in English
- You’re passionate about politics and have an outstanding knowledge of national and EU regulatory and legislative processes
- You have a hands-on personality and thrive when given the ownership of a project
- You’re a natural public speaker who is used to build convincing and compelling narratives and you are not afraid of standing your ground in debates or tough negotiations
- Legal gibberish and jargon has no secrets to you: you know to interpret, analyze and draft law articles and general legal material
- You are organized, results-driven, and are able to prioritize in a changing environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work
- 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year + RTT
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 45-min video-call with our Talent Acquisition Manager Sabrina Angersbach to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with our Head of Government Relations & Public Affairs Sviatoslav Beysens to check your hard and soft skills, and to meet your potential manager
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- a 60-min video-call with Sviatoslav, Laurene Bretillot (Legal Lead) & Aurélien Gandois (VP Operated Buses) to discuss about your exercise
- a 30-min video-call with our General Secretary Frederic Altenbourger for values fit and closing off the process
Our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.