Legal Intern (6-month internship from July 2023)
Paris, France /
General Administration – Legal /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Legal Intern to join our team. Your role will be to handle all the contributions required to set-up reliable and up-to-date legal process documentation. We are a big family so you should make sure of the follow-up of pre-litigation / litigation along with advising all teams of BlaBlaCar on various subjects (consumption law, contract law, IP law, competition law, digital law etc.)
- You will be involved with the team and will be responsible for performing legal research and ensuring legal monitoring
- Participating in the drafting and negotiation of legal contracts
- Assisting and performing administrative duties
- Implementing processes for the legal team and business stakeholders
- You are an enthusiastic person with a more pragmatic approach towards work.
- You are a student at the bar school (EFB, Hedac or other) or in your final year of Masters- ideally in general field of law or business, IP or contract law (business school is a plus)
- Flexibility and willingness to learn diverse topics and work on them- Be a Multitasker!
- You have excellent communication skills, you’re humble, and you enjoy sharing & learning from others
- You embrace change, are able to take a step back, prioritize, and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Fluency in English and French is required.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
Please note that having an internship agreement from your school or university is mandatory. We won’t be able to proceed with your application if you do not have this document.
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly after works, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
- To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth, and well-being at work
- Salary 1000 - 1200 EUR gross/month
- 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 1 vacation day/month
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 30-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers Ranjitha Ganeesh to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 45-min video-call with our Legal Counsel Vera Vasilenko
- a 30-min video-call with the Senior Legal Counsel Laurene Bretillot
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.