Mid-level Backend Engineer - Java (open to remote)
Paris or Remote from France /
Engineering – Back-end /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for two Mid-level Backend Engineers - Java to join our Discover and Monetize squads within the Demand team at BlaBlaCar. The team's mission is to offer the best-in-class booking experience for our members while generating revenue from our carpooling activity. The Discover squad focuses on enabling people willing to travel to discover BlaBlaCar’s travel services. while the Monetize Squad is enabling passengers to seamlessly purchase their trips while collecting fees to generate revenue for Blablacar and managing the billing process.
You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager of the squad and working with a team of 5 Engineers.
- Take part of the full application's lifecycle, from early conception meetings to development, test strategy, deployment and monitoring
- Work on complex, cross-teams problems
- Develop your skills around a key element of the BlaBlaCar infrastructure
- Collaborate with different teams to understand their needs and share with them your technical expertise
- Work with our technical stack: Java, Spring Boot, MariaDB, Kubernetes, Docker, Datadog, GCP
- You have experience in tech companies with a strong engineering culture
- You are fluent in object-oriented language development (ideally Java), and frameworks like Spring Boot
- You have experience developing a project from start to finish
- You have good communication skills and know how to interact with various stakeholders (technical and non-technical)
- You are fluent in English
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer:
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth, and well-being at work:
- Full remote possible in the country of the role
- 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- Forfait Mobilité Durable
Here is what your hiring journey will look like:
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 90-min video call with two of our engineers to run a coding live exercise along with a code review
- a 60-min video calls to assess your problem-solving skills through a design exercise with two of our engineers
- a 60-min video-call with one of our Engineering Managers
- a 45-min video-call with our VP Engineering
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours after the final step in the process.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.