Global Head of Brand
Paris, France /
Product & Experience – Brand Design /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Global Head of Brand to join the Brand team at BlaBlaCar. This team is in charge of both the strategy and creative output of the BlaBlaCar brand across regions and communication channels.
As Global Head of Brand, you will be in charge of our brand strategy across all actions that contribute to driving more awareness, engagement, and brand preference among existing and future members. You will be reporting directly to our Brand Strategy Senior Advisor, and managing a team of campaign and brand content managers.
- Influence, by building strong relationships, at senior level and across various departments, the direction of the Brand, bringing ideas, inspiration and creative thinking.
- Manage a team of campaign and brand content managers, helping them grow continuously and develop their talent.
- Own the brand strategy and associated narratives to ensure we have value propositions that stand out and stay relevant for our audiences.
- Develop insightful briefs to deliver stand-out and highly effective initiatives and increase brand awareness and business performance across our different markets, alongside our creative studio and external agencies. Alongside the Global Creative lead, you supervise brand consistency across paid, earned or owned channels.
- Develop frameworks, processes and guidelines to empower local marketing leads and other internal stakeholders (product marketing, digital marketing etc.)
- Develop a strong value-added content strategy that is relevant for our target audience and strengthen our brand position. You define the relevant KPIs and regularly assess the impact of the content strategy to generate continuous improvements.
- Collaborate with local marketing teams and support them in defining and implementing cross-channel communication strategies and roadmaps.
- Manage brand budgets associated with creative & social media agencies and freelancers.
- You have solid experience (+10 years) in global brand strategy management, and a demonstrated track record developing strong integrated initiatives, ideally with experience in a B2C fast-paced company. You have experience in PR, Social Media and have worked closely with creative agencies and internal creative studios.
- You have worked in an international context on brand strategies and initiatives for multiple countries with significant cultural differences.
- You have strong leadership skills, with experience in influencing, convincing and working with C-level and senior stakeholders.
- You believe that the brand is a key driver of performance and you take a close look at how brand and creative assets perform.
- You have a strong experience in building powerful storytelling to make a difference in competitive and/or mature markets. You have a strong knowledge of audiences, media and community-building strategies. You have a good eye and creative sensibility.
- You have an entrepreneurial and collaborative mindset, you like challenges and you like getting hands-on.
- You are fluent in English, spoken and written.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth, and well-being at work:
- 1 additional month parental leave
- 100% paid Financial support for home office equipment
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with our Brand Strategy Senior Advisor, Esther Teixeira, to deepdive into your brand strategy expertise
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills, followed by a presentation to key stakeholders
- a 30-min video call with our CCO, Verena Butt d’Espous
Our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.