Team Lead Bus Network Planning
Paris, France /
Operations – Network Planning /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Team Lead Bus Network Planning to join the BlaBlaCar Bus team. The Network Planning Team Lead’s mission is to design the long distance bus network to match supply and demand and orchestrate cross teams’ efforts to successfully execute it. In other words, that means piloting the addition of new destinations to our network thanks to data analysis, optimizing the bus schedules to maximize revenue and managing the end to end process from network design to sales opening.
As a Team Lead Network Planning your mission encompasses the management of a team of 2-4 Network Planning Analysts as well as the management of your own portfolio of bus lines. Your role will be to monitor your team’s performance, support them in the design of their network and bring vision to shape BlaBlaCar Bus network for the coming years.
You will not only need to understand the competitive landscape and identify demand opportunities to design your long distance bus network capitalizing on good timings, relevant stops and connections with other buses but also manage cross team projects to develop new tools, lead performance optimisation workshops and work hand in hand with other teams to ensure our network goes on sale according to our roadmap.
- Manage a team of 2-4 analysts
- Establish the network strategy for your portfolio, including the design of new lines
- Manage cross teams projects such as punctuality reviews, tool optimisation workshops, playbook design and process automation
- Support and continuously improve the performance of existing lines
- Optimize the operations of your lines
- Coordinate the end-to-end process with internal stakeholders to ensure your offer goes on sale and remains relevant to the market’s demand
- Guide the tech team to build the relevant network planning optimization tools required to boost our expansion
What makes you a great fit
- 4-6 years of experience in data driven role or in the mobility industry
- People management skills are not mandatory, but first experience is a strong plus
- Proven experience in data analysis and cross team project management (tools: excel, sql)
- You are passionate about transportation and how buses can rock our world
- Excellent communication skills, you must enjoy interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- You embrace change, you are able to take a step back and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Excellent English & French skills
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared values, our BlaBlaPrinciples, that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being
- Hybrid location type (a mix of office & remote days per week)
- 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Relocation package and visa supportFree unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- 25 days holiday per year (+ RTT)
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride?
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers Sabrina Angersbach to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with our Network Planning Manager Martin Minvielle to meet your potential manager and tackle your hard and soft skills
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills
- a 60-min video-call with Martin and Marino Imperiale, Team Lead South, to deep dive on your exercise
- a 30-min video-call with our VP BlaBlaCar Buses Aurelien Gandois for vision & values fit to round off the process
Our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.