Senior IT System & Network Engineer
Engineering – IT Ops /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel app enabling 26 million members a year to carpool or travel by bus in 21 countries. Our team of 800+ employees counts over 50 nationalities and is spread across our 5 global offices, 30% working fully remotely.
We are looking for a Senior System and Network Engineer to join our IT Ops team at BlaBlaCar. Their mission is to provide IT services and solutions across our organisation in a secure and efficient manner.
As a Senior System and Network Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in identifying, implementing, and maintaining top-tier Network and Software solutions. Your contributions will empower our team members, enabling them to work with efficiency and productivity. You'll collaborate closely with the Security and Engineering teams while ensuring the security, availability, and reliability of our IT services.
You will be reporting to Henry, IT Operations Manager, and working with a team of 7 people (3 IT Engineers and 4 Tech Support Experts).
Your role will involve serving as a reference point for knowledge, best practices, and the implementation of technological deployments. You will mainly:
• Lead and manage IT projects A-to-Z while collaborating with various engineering teams
• Setup, administer, and maintain IT SaaS Systems and Applications
• Review and enhance SSO workflows within SaaS platforms for optimal functionality
• Ensure our infrastructure remains up-to-date by implementing security policies, patches, and necessary updates
• Collaborate with the Security team to implement security policies, permissions and procedures
• Maintain compliance across all hardware equipment (including Computers, IoT devices, Printers, etc.)
• Take ownership of L2/L3 support troubleshooting within the IT Ops domain
• Communicate to internal departments and stakeholders
Additionally, you will:
• Manage users' technical working environment across various devices and solutions
• Oversee office software and MDM platforms (Jamf, MS Azure, Intune, Google Workspace, Slack, Atlassian products)
• Implement IT task automations
• Deploy IT monitoring solutions to ensure a stable work environment for BBC employees
• Manage office networks
We are looking for a proactive, autonomous individual with hands-on project experience, and the ability to be a reference point in building IT solutions for the long term. If you're excited about contributing to a dynamic team and making an impact within a forward-thinking organisation, we encourage you to apply and join us in shaping the future of our IT landscape.
What will you need to be successful?
• You have 5+ years of experience in IT environment and managing IT Ops projects, preferably within fast-paced environments
• You are skilled in collaborating and communicating effectively with stakeholders
• You can demonstrate solid project management skills, with the ability to structure and manage IT projects to successful completion
• You have knowledge of IT, LAN, WAN, Firewall/security, SSO and cloud technologies
• You show excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
• You are proficient in Automation Script development and have a good understanding of DevOps methodologies
• You have prior experience collaborating with Security teams and deploying/administering SaaS tools
• You are fluent in English
And it would be nice (not required) if you had:
• ITIL Certification
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work:
• Hybrid remote policy
• 4 additional weeks parental leave 100% paid
• Financial support for home office equipment
• Relocation package and visa support
• Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
• Employee Stock Ownership plan
• 25 days holiday per year + RTT
• Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
• 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
• Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride?
• a 45-min video-call with your Talent Acquisition Manager Benjamin to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
• a 45-min video-call with Henry, IT Operations Manager, to discuss your experience and share more details about the team
• a case study to evaluate your technical skills
• a 30-min video-call with Sébastien, VP Engineering, for vision fit and rounding off the process
Our hiring process lasts on average 25-30 days, offers usually come within 48 hours.
Not sure yet? Check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application.