Compliance Intern - January 2024 (French Speaking)
Paris or Remote from France /
Operations – Network Planning /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
Why join us?
In Europe, bus transport is subject to obtaining authorization (domestic and international). These authorizations are accepted within 2 to 4 months from the ministries of the French and European Countries. As part of the preparation of the 2024 network, an increased number of authorizations will have to be sent.
This is an opportunity for an intern to discover the business, the design, and the development of a bus network.
A glance on your future team
Authorization Manager, who works on the authorizations is part of the Bus Team Global Network. The major responsibility of this team is to design the network, set it up, and ensure the quality of the service provided
- Preparing the authorization planning for the network 2024
- Preparing and monitoring international authorization applications for Easter 2024
- Preparing and monitoring the Domestic declarations
- Producing documents for authorization application: maps, timetables, driver schedule
- Managing the “day-to-day” authorization: updating the data tools, storing authorization papers, and communicating on new authorizations delivered by the authorities.
- Monitoring data and automation projects related to authorizations
- Drafting and updating application processes.
- Performing various administrative duties such as drafting letters, making files and paperwork, sending out emails, etc.
- Discovering the "operated buses" professions: Authorizations, Network planner, Station team (opportunity to spend a day at our Paris, Bercy station), Revenue Manager and Bus Partner Manager…"
- Fluency in French and English
- First experience handling administrative tasks
- Legal knowledge is a plus- one should understand the regulations.
- Meticulously precise and organized, with a self-reliant and adaptable approach to thriving in diverse and dynamic environments.
- You are familiar with Advanced Excel and Word, Google Drive (GG sheet and docs)
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
Your Future Benefits
- Hybrid working setup
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- 1 day off per month
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Moka care
Interested in joining the ride? Here's what your hiring journey will look like:
- a 30-minute interview with one of our Talent Acquisition, Prasad Sai Vignesh to get to know you, understand your career expectations, and answer your questions
- 45-min interview and a live case study with the hiring manager, Marine Touzé, Bus Compliance manager.
- 30-min final interview with Lead Network Planning Martin Minvielle.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.