Junior Business Analyst - Bus Network(Iberian Peninsula)
Paris, France /
Operations – Network Planning /
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading community-based travel network, connecting over 100 million members across 22 countries looking to carpool or travel by bus. By sharing rides and filling empty seats on the road, our community avoids 1.6 million tons of CO2 emissions every year (as if Paris was free of road traffic for a year!)
We are a global and diverse team of 700+ people with 45+ nationalities, and headquartered in Paris. We’re constantly looking for new ways to leverage technology to create a more affordable, convenient, flexible and sustainable way to travel. And we are always on the lookout for people who care about making a positive impact.
We are looking for a Network Planning Analyst to join the BlaBlaCar Bus team to reinforce our Southern Europe team. You will design and optimize the Iberian peninsula long distance bus network to match supply and demand.
As a Network Planning Analyst your mission starts with the establishment of the strategy in your region. You will need to understand the competitive landscape and identify demand opportunities to design your long distance bus network capitalizing on good timings, relevant stops and connections with other buses of the BlaBlaCar Bus network.
You are the owner of your portfolio. You will therefore be the project owner of any new line launch or line optimisation project, working hand in hand with all internal stakeholders required to source, audit, price, setup and nurture our bus network.
You are responsible for the good performance of your portfolio, in that sense you will constantly optimise your line structures and timings to adapt to the macro economic environment as well as competition.
- Establish the network strategy for your portfolio (Spanish and Portuguese networks), including the design of new lines
- Support and continuously improve the performance of existing lines
- Optimise the operations of your lines
- Coordinate the end-to-end process with internal stakeholders to ensure your offer goes on sale and remains relevant to the market’s demand
- Guide the Tech team to build the relevant network planning optimisation tools required to boost our expansion
- 1 to 3 years of experience (including internships) in data driven role or in the mobility industry
- Fluent in French, English and Spanish
- Proven experience in data analysis and project management
- You are passionate about transportation and how buses can rock our world
- Excellent communication skills, you must enjoy interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- You embrace change, you are able to take a step back and focus on added-value tasks
- You have a results-driven and impact-oriented mindset
- Nice to have: proficiency in Portuguese
- Nice to have: experience in Spanish long distance mobility
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d still be a great fit for this role in your application!
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment with over 45+ nationalities
- ⚖️ A hybrid, flexible workplace with family-friendly policies
- 💡 Learning opportunities via access to training, mentorship, internal development programs, or our weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks and Tech & Product Demos
- 🤝 Team-building events like our weekly afterworks, breakfasts, our annual Coding Night or Impact Day
- 🌱 A product and a workplace with a strong commitment to sustainability
- 🧭 Shared BlaBlaPrinciples that are the foundation of our culture and everyday decisions
To know more, check out our 100 reasons to join BlaBlaCar!
We are dedicated to flexibility, growth and well-being at work:
- Full remote possible in the country of the role
- 1 additional month parental leave 100% paid
- Financial support for home office equipment
- Relocation package and visa support
- Free unlimited carpooling & bus rides
- Employee Stock Ownership plan
- Minimum 25 days holiday per year
- Local meal plan policies (Swile card in France)
- 50% transportation paid in France (Forfait Mobilité Durable)
- Mental health support through Moka.care
Interested in joining the ride? Here’s what your hiring journey will look like:
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers, Hien Hoang to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with Team Lead Network Planning (Southern Europe) Marino Imperiale to deep dive into your experience and your interest in the transportation/mobility industry
- a fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills, including a presentation to Team Lead Network Planning Marino Imperiale, Bus Procurement & Partnerships Manager Susan Dell'Omo and Network Planning Lead Martin Minvielle
- a 30-min interview with our VP BlaBlaCar Bus, Aurélien Gandois, for a final validation
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.